Please teach me how to use my technology. (Read 596 times)

dork.major dork.

I have a ipod nano (the older smaller non video version). I have headphones, and all my other running gear. Even a towel and deodorant for the shower after... but I forgot my watch. Is there a way I can make my nano be a stopwatch? Not for anything fancy, just so I can keep track of my pace at the end. Thanks!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Looking gooooood ;p

Do you have track times displayed on you nano.......? Note which track you started with, which track you ended your run on and then add up all the track times in between.....Easy!! Clowning around
      The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....

A Saucy Wench

ahhh...but that wouldnt catch the time between tracks...usually there is a second or so Tongue

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Look under the "Extras" menu. There is a stopwatch in there somewhere, complete with lap split capabilities.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Look under the "Extras" menu. There is a stopwatch in there somewhere, complete with lap split capabilities.
            My 30GB has this as well and I never knew it. I wonder what else lurks in this gadget?
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              Yep, as jeffglobule says, there is a stopwatch hidden away. You can make it visible by doing the following: Settings -> Main Menu -> Stopwatch-on Then it'll always show up on the main menu. Or if you still have extras turned on it's under that.

sean

dork.major dork.

AWESOME Big grin Thanks!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.