Bizarre running injury... (Read 590 times)

Looking gooooood ;p

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=595083716 I went out running after dark last yesterday evening and managed to whack my eye with a tree!! Black eye Can you do better...? (not deliberately, of course, I could not possibly encourage that...just accidentally....)
    The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
      Posted it for you so non facebook people could see... ouch!

Looking gooooood ;p

It looks even prettier now....more colours are coming out as the day goes on.... ....still at least it's an injury which won't stop me running Cool
        The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....

There's a pair of trees that overhang my road a bit less than a mile out. It generally takes me about 2 months of night time running to remember to move into the road before I get to them and I often hit the branches with my face. I don't really have a good excuse, either, since I wear a head lamp now. Nice markings, though.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Battle scar! Better to be out running and getting hit by trees then sitting on the couch at home Big grin
              Ouch! I haven't done anything like that...yet, but I'm sure I will now that I just jinxed myself. Roll eyes I've run into spider webs. And swallowed bugs... Can a gross factor be accounted for with this thread? I did land on a gutter wrong just last week and hurt my ankle a little.

Michelle

btb1490

Didn't your parents ever tell you to stop doing that or you'll poke your eye out? See, they were right almost.