Kick user message (Read 878 times)

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

There's a part of me that is wondering why the hell I keep going into this thread, but I can't quit it.  It fascinates me.

I vote for anarchy.

^^^ I agree with this spud.  Oh and CatGirl you complete me!  That was funny!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
      • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
      • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

I've read the whole thread and still don't know what anyone is talking about.  Confused  Like there's a secret club I wish I could get kicked out of.  I can be obnoxious - just give me a chance!

I've searched for this mystical swamp and can't even find a bog.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

eric :)

But in the case of a legit" crossing the line reel it in or get banned kick" - we dont need them following around the poor admin who had the job of keeping house.

Mrs. eric Smile mentioned this as well and I think this could be the reason that I'm uncomfortable with outing the kicker.  I don't expect this situation to happen at all, but there are more unstable people than we think.  I think logging activities for auditing should be good enough to deter shenanigans.  If a person continues to be kicked, then that person should learn not to go back to the group.

What are the objections?

Butter Tart

I've read the whole thread and still don't know what anyone is talking about.  Confused  Like there's a secret club I wish I could get kicked out of.  I can be obnoxious - just give me a chance!

They are talking about user groups:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups

MrH

Will the owner then get grief for the shenanigans that go on, as the nominal babysitter?

Nominal babysitter? Noblesse oblige, more like.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

They are talking about user groups:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups

Oh, that much I know.  It's which group is this really fun one I don't know.  If people are getting kicked out, it sounds like a party.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Prince of Fatness

If a person continues to be kicked, then that person should learn not to go back to the group.

What I don't understand is if the person keeps coming back and is being an a-hole why keep kicking them out?  Just ban them.

If it is the shield bearer that is being the a-hole by repetitively kicking a person out then this is where the auditing viewable only by the owner would help.  The person being kicked could PM the owner and the owner would have the resources to look into it.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

^^

but there are more unstable people than we think. 

Oh, that much I know.  It's which group is this really fun one I don't know.  If people are getting kicked out, it sounds like a party.

It all sounds cool and good until you are actually in the place.  You then realize that it is really a dump but you can't find your way out.  Then at some point you get kicked out of the dump but like crack it just sucks you back.  So there you are getting kicked out and then crawling back because you don't how to handle the GSP and your a crack addict.

As a person who does not know you but cares about the rest of humanity I would strongly suggest you stop looking for this place.  It is not heaven but more likely the other place.  Search for heaven!

• Sub 22  5K
                      L Train

^^^^^^!!!!

but there are more unstable people than we think. 

What I don't understand is if the person keeps coming back and is being an a-hole why keep kicking them out?  Just ban them.

If it is the shield bearer that is being the a-hole by repetitively kicking a person out then this is where the auditing viewable only by the owner would help.  The person being kicked could PM the owner and the owner would have the resources to look into it.

I agree with this.  Just have the owner be the person who can view this log.  If they need a second opinon they can always PM the other Admins.

While we are at it we should probably keep track of who changes the title of the forum as well.  Wink

• Sub 22  5K
                          xor

"Being an asshole" is a slippery slope.

Yes, there's some actual meaning I'm trying to convey with that statement... but mostly I just wanted to write it down because the shit is funny.

xhristopher

In honor of this thread I just kicked four people out of my big ass linkedin group.

You'll ruin your knees!

Perhaps you found it, but you just don't know it because there is no record of your being kicked out.  All hope of finding your way back is lost...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)