Liquid Band-Aid...should I HTFU? (Read 612 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, so I have some liquid bandage stuff...basically glorified super-glue. I used it in the past on a cut on my hand. I think it worked fairly well, but I recall that it hurt like a mutha. Anyhow, I have this stupid raw spot on my left heel from a pair of shoes that were too generous through the rearfoot. I think the only way I will get it to really heal well is to either stop running for the better part of a week (riiiight) so that it can fully close up, or maybe use the liquid bandage, since the callus cover (round foam donut thingie) with duct tape over seems to sweat right off my foot by about 3-4 miles in...yeah, I sweat like a horse and even duct tape won't stick. Has anyone had a similar issue and tried the liquid bandage? Did it work? How loud did you scream when applying the stuff (I recall it can make for some pretty horrifically stinging pain)? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Has anyone had a similar issue and tried the liquid bandage? Did it work? How loud did you scream when applying the stuff (I recall it can make for some pretty horrifically stinging pain)?
      1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Pretty freaking loud Wink Seriously, I know it stings like a beeotch, but it does close up cuts and keep them closed. Have a glass of wine beforehand and HTFU Wink
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have a glass of wine beforehand and HTFU Wink
        Evil grin Wine...then run. Sounds fun! Big grin Hmmm...the stuff I have expired a year ago, but it seems to still be liquid in the tube, so I'd think it's still OK. I have some flashy wear-test shoes that I want to take for a spin, so I definitely want to get out there. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok...I did it, and it didn't hurt bad at all, so apparently it had closed up some overnight. Now I hope it won't re-open on my run. I'm going to try putting on one of those compeed/blister pad things, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just use superglue. Really.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, when this stuff is gone I will just get the old school Super Glue. Is there truly no difference?

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So is the liquid bandage or superglue to keep a skin flap secure or is it to cover up raw exposed skin?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?