finished my 2nd race, ever (Read 176 times)

CSP

I started running in February.  I've never run before.

Just finished my first 10k (my first 5k was a month ago in March).

I always hated running--that was until I discovered motion control/stability shoes and most importantly, my doc gave me an inhaler.  Apparently, I've had exercise induced asthma my whole life--diagnosed just a few months ago.  No wonder I hated running! It's so nice to be able to breathe.

I'm training for a half marathon in May and submitted my registration today.  I'd like to run it in under 2:40

Master of Inconsistency

Congrats !  Very inspirational ! Next time I'll think twice before I blow off a run due to some BS excuse . Good Luck !

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Never in my dreams did I think I'd be running more than a mile or so and, the best part: enjoy it.

I'm training for a half marathon in May and submitted my registration today.  I'd like to run it in under 2:40

Great work!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Wow, fantastic!

~Kate

Life is short.  Running makes it seem longer.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats!!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

SheCan

Congratulations!  How wonderful that you're overcoming so many obstacles and pushing back those limits!  Hope your training for your first HM goes smoothly!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

snapa55

Good work! Keep it up!

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)