Around the 1000 in 80 Days (Read 736 times)

xor

Today is the 80th day of 2010 and I just passed 1000 miles for the year. 

Pretty cool.

That means that I'm averaging 12.5 miles a day... although I'm not a streak runner.  Real life forces me to take days off completely. Sometimes two in a row.  Then again, I run 26-32 mile long runs a lot.  So it averages out.

I've run 8 marathons and 6 50ks in 12 weekends this year.  None were PRs, but I didn't walk them either (except for some of the technical sections in a couple 50ks).

However, I did PR at the Surf City Half on 2/7.

On the negative side of the ledger, I have also DNSed 2 marathons and a 50k.  Ooops.  I had a couple bad weeks in March too.  But April and May are looking up.

There's power in pink.

Lia's Daddy

Congrats! That is more than impressive. You reached my year-long goal in 80 days. There's not a pace bunny around that has a chance against you.
      "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen

an amazing likeness

Wow.  Just wow. 

You're close to the edge of that 95% rule where robots/avatars go from being intruiging (when less than 95% human lifelike) to above 95% realistic just weirds people out because they're too lifelike, but not quite right.

Push too many more miles and events, and we'll think you're lifelike, but not quite right....(g).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

The uncanny valley.

And thanks!

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Yes revolting, absolutely revolting. I must turn away. Your methodical ascent up the milage board is inhuman.

If I shave your head will I find a number upon it?

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

xor

Nope!  And I spent a whole lot of 1992-2009 with a cue ball head or buzzed with a 1.

And I spent a whole lot of 1994-2009 with a cue ball head or buzzed with a 1.

Me too...well, '95-'97.

Oh, and nice work!  You continue to inspire and amaze.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

You are an inspiration.

Don't effen let it get to your head.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Freakin' awesome.  Or crazy.  But mostly awesome.
                    Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.