got room for another newbie? (Read 1032 times)

shyrunner07

hi guys! *shyly waves and emits "please like me" vibes* [standard intro] my name is Andrea...i'm a soon to be 30year old mom and wife, living in michigan (where the weather is pretty much a crapshoot everyday of the year). I also have 4 furry kitties, who can be completely endearing and utterly maddening. Not currently employed....right now i am in school, aiming for a BN (although, i have been toying with the idea of changing my major and taking up something along the lines of social work). I volunteer for Hospice when i can, doing stuff from sitting with patients to stuffing envelopes for upcoming fundraisers, etc. It's a cause which i've become incredibly fond of in the last few years and hope to work for that organization once I shed this "professional student" skin. i've got more jiggle to my wiggle than i'd like, so i am taking up running as a way to fix that....along with wanting to just improve my lifestyle to one that is healthier (hubby and i have a 4 year old daughter and i want to be doing the same things that i am preaching to her...no more do as i say, not as i do stuff! Tongue). We purchased a Nordictrack Viewpoint 3000 treadmill from Sears, which for now, i am doing my workouts on exclusively. [/SI] i'm here by way of Kirsten, so if do something really lame-o here, feel free to blame it on her! lol She told me ya'll were some great folks to know, so i figured i'd pop in and say hello! Smile *mushy gushy warning* Actually, I really look up to her...She inspires me in so many ways. It's amazing to see how far her weight loss journey has taken her....and now her involvement in running....i wish i had more of her "stick to it-iveness"! She's an awesome chickypoo! *heart* so anyhoo, that's me...
    Jill_B

I fly.

Hi & Welcome! I'm also a stay at home mom who is a heavy treadmill user (2 year old son). -Jill

Bring it on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i'm here by way of Kirsten, so if do something really lame-o here, feel free to blame it on her! lol She told me ya'll were some great folks to know, so i figured i'd pop in and say hello! Smile *mushy gushy warning* Actually, I really look up to her...She inspires me in so many ways. It's amazing to see how far her weight loss journey has taken her....and now her involvement in running....i wish i had more of her "stick to it-iveness"! She's an awesome chickypoo! *heart*
        Awww...*blushes* I'm always gettin' blamed for stuff...why change that for the interwebs...? Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and I should add that Andrea is only shy when sober. Get a few drinks in the girl and it's a whole 'nother story! Wink BTW, that one infamous shot of me going through a window--Andrea was one of the gals below hoistin' my butt up! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Hi shyrunner07, welcome to RA and to running! I am a fellow jiggler and heavy treadmill user to. Good luck!

Now that was a bath...

Hi Andrea and a big, warm welcome to RA! Any friend of Kirsten's is definitely a friend of ours, so make yourself at home and relax. Kirsten, you are clearly going to have to repost that 'window' pic now. I wanna see it again! Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, you are clearly going to have to repost that 'window' pic now. I wanna see it again! Claire xxx
                That's Andrea in the lower left. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Well Andrea...it's nice to 'see' you. Thanks for indulging me Zoomy Big grin Claire xxx
                • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                  shyrunner07

thanks guys for the warm welcome! i can't wait to get to know everyone better and to soak up all the wisdom and advice here...! I'm in awe of everything that ya'll are doing...i just hope to one day be able to do half the distance and times as you guys!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i just hope to one day be able to do half the distance and times as you guys!
                      Hey, if I could do half my times I'd be winnin' races! That'd be sweet! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Oh, and I should add that Andrea is only shy when sober. Get a few drinks in the girl and it's a whole 'nother story!
                        Duly noted..... Where'd I hide that bottle of tequila? I know I put it around here somewhere.....
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ask her about margararatitas.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Ask her about margararatitas....
                            So....what about the margaritas, Andrea?
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Welcome Andrea! Any friend of Kirsten's is bound to make things interesting! Tongue
                              BTW, that one infamous shot of me going through a window--Andrea was one of the gals below hoistin' my butt up!
                              I'm relatively new here as well. Maybe you can explain the story behind this infamous photo that we're all seeing everywhere now. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, Andrea and I and a few other friends got together in LA last Aug. with a friend who lives out there. We went outside our friend's place and realized that the door had locked behind us with our friend's keys still inside the house. We were able to jimmy one window open, so up I went. I bruise REALLY easily and had some pretty funny black-and-blue marks on my arms for about the next week: k

~ Sarah Kay