Colorado Marathon (prev. Fort Collins Old Town Marathon) (Read 999 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Reviews?

Yes.  I did read marathonguide.

xor

I ran it this year.

16 miles of downhill, 10 miles roly poly.  One significant up in the late teens.

They rave about the beauty of their race... this applies to that first 16.  Once you pop out of the canyon area, it's side-of-the-road stuff that could be anywhere.  And some bike trail.  Lots of views of people's backyards.  But that first 16 miles is something else.

The downhill - yes, yes, it is.  Can be the hurty kind if you aren't ready for it, but it isn't St George.

Ft Collins has a nice brewery or two.

The race is very well organized.  It is a point-to-point with a darkthirty shuttle.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Oh... the altitude... not up high enough to bother me, though up high enough that it canceled out a bit of the speed I'd normally have running down that hill.  Or maybe it was the Indy Mini the day before.  Anyway, I didn't have any altitude-y weirdness.

Right on Hereford...

Stevie Ray did a great job with the review, so I don't have much else to add. Except to say, he's right!

The year I did it, you had to go down some stairs to get to the beer garden. That was no fun.

Hey, if you are in Boulder before or after the race, send me a message and we can meet up for a run.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well there you have it.  I did not know my travel schedule until today, and now the marathon is full.  Anybody have any pull with em?

xor

Not me.  Lo siento mucho.

Hoodoo Guru

Well there you have it.  I did not know my travel schedule until today, and now the marathon is full.  Anybody have any pull with em?

Aren't all of you race directors in some kind of club?  You are welcome to swap my spot in the 2011 Flying Monkey for a spot in his race.

The tangents are moot.

Kalsarikännit

My first marathon.  I love the town and visit it every year.  I hope the people are ok, and I hope the fire is put out soon (although it doesn't look like it will be).  Poudre Canyon (where the marathon is run) is beautiful.  I'm sad that it won't be the same.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

flatland mountaineer

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III