Movies that freak me the heck out (Read 661 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

#1 on my list is Signs. That whole malevolent alien business just really gives me heebs. Monster and zombie movies don't bug me too much, but mean aliens...*shudders* What's on your list of movies that will keep you up at night?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

not a movie but TeleTubbies freak the crap out of me...i mean what are they...???
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hah...that's funny. When my son was about 2 he LOVED the Teletubbies. I still don't know quite what they are. Then he was into Dora the Explorer--now THAT chick is a freak of nature! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I just finished watching "Little Miss Sunshine". That movie is freakin' hilarious! It's one of those feel good movies without a sappy happy ending. It definitely lived up to the hype.

Now that was a bath...

Well talking of Aliens, the first Alien film still makes me grab a pillow no matter how many times I see it. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre also get's my 'Don't go in there' gene seriously activated - both the original and the remake. I don't go much for the Zombie thing either, Silence of the lambs is much scarier to me as it is based on a degree of realism. My top scary flicks would have to be... The Shining (I just love Jack in this one and Kubric is royalty in my eyes) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Bad Taste (not scary but got love it anyhow) Hellraiser Alien Saw Silence of the lambs Rosemary's baby The Pianist wasn't scary but made me sick to my core Jurassic Park was good for fear injection when it first came out too Deliverance The Wizard of Oz Anything with Britney Spears or Madonna in it.
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            RunningHammer

Salem's Lot The Amityville Horror II The Exorcist I saw these films when I was about 13 and they still scare the hell out of me, I won't even watch an advert for them! As for the Exorcist, I won't even have the book or DVD in the house...that film is horrible!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just finished watching "Little Miss Sunshine". That movie is freakin' hilarious! It's one of those feel good movies without a sappy happy ending. It definitely lived up to the hype.
                I absolutely love the cast of that film...we really need to rent that very soon. I haven't heard a single bad review of it from anyone I know.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Claire, you have some good ones in your list, too. I agree that those films with a little realism are the scariest--I think that's why zombie and monster films don't usually bother me. Deliverance is terrifying! I have seen people list "The Sixth Sense" as a scary film...I see it more as suspenseful. It's really a beautiful, sweet, sad film. k

~ Sarah Kay

I can't think of anything specific right now, but I'm with Claire on the realism aspect. It isn't just movies for me either...I do alot of reading & most of the books I read scare the hell out of me! James Patterson & Tess Gerritsen are two of my favorite authors & most of their books leave me sleepless & completely freaked out. Stalkers, serial killers, etc movies & books...love to read/watch them, but I have nightmares for days. And I always ask, "why do I do this to myself????
                    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                      I HATE spiders and movies about them

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Any movie where any person is sitting or standing calmly, waiting for their victim <shudder>>....</shudder>
                        2009: BQ?
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I HATE spiders and movies about them
                          Ditto...though Arachnophobia was a funny movie...I like the horror films that are as much comedy as creepy. But that damned spider in LOTR really gives me the heebs! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Ditto...though Arachnophobia was a funny movie...I like the horror films that are as much comedy as creepy. But that damned spider in LOTR really gives me the heebs! Tongue k
                            Now I love LOTR both the books and the movies. I thought Shelob's Lair in the movie would bother me as the book does, it didn't!! And I thought Jackson got the movement down pat. BTW I started collecting JRR's books. I even have an American First Edition of The (spell?) Similrillon wiht dust jacket. The lady running the antique mall didn't know she had a First Editon and had a cow when she firgured it out AFTER I bought it. Now snakes don't bother me at all! And we have several big Black Rate snakes here on the farm. One is at least 8 feet long!! Only seem him once but he was huge!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I even have an American First Edition of The (spell?) Similrillon wiht dust jacket. The lady running the antique mall didn't know she had a First Editon and had a cow when she firgured it out AFTER I bought it. Now snakes don't bother me at all! And we have several big Black Rate snakes here on the farm. One is at least 8 feet long!! Only seem him once but he was huge!!
                              Oh, my hubby would be SO jealous of you--he has read that at least once and loves it...says it's pretty challenging. I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't even finished The Hobbit...I got like 90% of the way through with it and just got bored. I would like to read the LOTR trilogy, though. Snakes are cool. Snakes eat spiders, snakes are my friend. Though I should like spiders...they eat mosquitos and I HATE mosquitos. k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

I walked out of the remake of "Cape Fear" because I could not take the intensitiy and RObert DeNiro was way too creepy. I walked across the theater to Billy Crystal and Jack Palance flick and it took me 10 minutes to relax.
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)