Join Adidas AdiPURE Class Action (Read 1089 times)

jweeden

In addition to being a runner myself, I am also a class action attorney. Adidas has recently been hit with claims that its adiPURE shoes that do not actually deliver the promised increased training efficiency and decreased risk of injury.

I believe that shoe companies should be held accountable for misleading advertising! My colleagues and I are investigating these claims and may be pursuing the class action. If you have purchased a pair of adiPURE shoes and are interested in joining the class action, let me know.  If you do qualify to join the class action as a plaintiff, the case will be referred to and handled by a larger plaintiffs' class action law firm.

If you are interested in more information on joining the class action as a plaintiff, note that (a) there is NO cost to you and (b) we do NOT need or want any of your personal information (SSN, credit card information, etc.).  What we will need is to hear your story concerning your experience with the shoes and confirm that you are a suitable plaintiff.

-Joe

what's your opinion on the Nutella case?  Serious question.  I'd love to know your thoughts. 

Queen of 3rd Place

Ew.

Ex runner

jweeden

what's your opinion on the Nutella case?  Serious question.  I'd love to know your thoughts. 

The Nutella case has been settled was filed by another firm:

https://nutellaclassactionsettlement.com/

jweeden

Additionally, what makes the Adidas different from the typical false advertising cases are allegations that the shoes actually INCREASE the risk for bruising and foot damage, due to their decreased padding and other structural differences from more traditional running shoes.

-Joe

thanks for offering your thoughts and opinion. 

jweeden

My apologies, Doug--I have no opinion on the merits of the Nutella case, as my firm was not involved with it.  My recollection is that the case was filed by a couple of moms who, understandably, were upset that Nutella was allegedly marketed as being healthy/nutritious, when it really no better than scarfing down a candy bar!

Joe,

Are you also going to sue Newton because they claim that their shoe will let you run forever, which is of course, impossible?

from www.newtonrunning.com :

Newton Running shoes are built with Action/ReactionTM technology, which reduces impact, returns energy, and propels you forward so you can run faster, farther, forever. So shake hands with natural form running. You'll be glad you met.

What about Nike for their Air shoes?  When I was a 10 year old kid playing basketball, we all thought we could jump higher if we bought Nike Airs.  The air pocket would help our vertical jump so we could dunk.  Should we file a class action against Nike too?

What about the Reebok Pumps?  I also remember trying those to help the vert.  My biggest problem was that I was 4'9".

Or sue any and all of the shoe companies for any outlandish advertising claim for that matter?  Where will you draw the line? 

Sincerely,

Ryan

Joe,

To expand on my response,   The Adidas Adipure is alot like the Vibram Five Finger shoe.  Its a minimalist shoe. 

Are you going to sue Vibram, New Balance for their Minimum shoe, Nike for their Free's, etc?

Because all of these shoes are different from traditional running shoes, and hence you have a greater chance of injury?

I'd love to hear your response. 

Thanks,
                    Ryan

Don't overstride!

Stupidity should hurt! If any of the marketing that is thrown at us by the shoe companies were true then we all  would all have qualified for the Olympics by now.Joking  I personally try any pair of shoes out before I train hard in them. I am currently running in VFF's for a few years know with no issues. But I used the little common sense that I have and eased into my training until my feet built up in strength.

Maybe we should sue the makers of the stability shoes for making our feet weak and feeble!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

jweeden

Joe,

To expand on my response,   The Adidas Adipure is alot like the Vibram Five Finger shoe.  Its a minimalist shoe. 

Are you going to sue Vibram, New Balance for their Minimum shoe, Nike for their Free's, etc?

Because all of these shoes are different from traditional running shoes, and hence you have a greater chance of injury?

I'd love to hear your response. 

Thanks,
                          Ryan

Ryan, as I mentioned, we are investigating the allegations.  If the claims turn out to be baseless--no case.  Part of the reason I posted here is to actually hear from other runners who have tried the shoes. 

xor

>> I have no opinion on the merits of the Nutella case, as my firm was not involved with it.

Ah.

Yeah, I'm not playing.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I'm personally tired of companies lying in their marketing.

I'm not one to think everyone should be sued for anything they do, but maybe it more companies were sued, less would make false ad claims.

I also believe people should not believe everything they hear.  I remember the nutella commercials claiming the healthy meal aspect and thinking you've GOT to be kidding me.  I'm not surprised they were sued and I'm glad.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                              Gatorade Endurance Team

Troy.

I'm personally tired of lawyers getting rich via class action suits.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.