2015 goals and training (Read 367 times)

running2live4ver

training goals are I want to run 2015 miles and try to run 3 marathons this year

1 Marathon

2 Halfs (with my sisters)

and a 50 Mile.

~Mike

catwhoorg

Labrat

Full year goal

3:50 or bust in the Chickamauga marathon

Training

At least 1800 miles running. 1 X 20 miler per month (Jan - October)

Biking as well, probably abut 1500 miles as cross raining, mainly earlier in the year.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Roses Revenge

Start.  Finish.  Have fun.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

songster

i like the goal of running 2015 miles so i'll add that to my list.

i also would like to:

run a marathon in 3:15 or less (so I can finally achieve my goal of qualifying for Boston)

run a mile in 5:30 or less

run a 5k in 20 minutes or less

run a 10k in 40 minutes or less

run a half in 1:30 or less

but most importantly I would like to not get injured and enjoy running and not lose sight of this joy in pursuit of time goals.

racing

5K's faster than previous year (23:42 last July  23:17 last August)

training

1,500 miles

Run in unique places - run from my work; travel to neighboring towns & run; run to library / store; things like that

Don't spend too much money on running

NHLA

I have been training by hours only.  I live in the mountains and if I run by pace I will run the flatter courses.

Average 7 hours a week training. Three quality workouts a week.

Run 10 or so races. At least two long races.

Cradle to Grave  30k trail race. Four miles of this race are hard to walk much less run. Got to train fast on some bad downhill trails.

Veni Vidi Vici   two day trail race thru Pisgua forest  20.5 miles first day and 14.5 second day.

Lots of local 5,8, & 10ks. Charlotte Marathon  mabe Grandfather Mt. Marathon.

Dream Maker

Get to 135 lb.

Qualify for Boston again

Stay healthy and uninjured.

If I can do the former I can do the latter, otherwise it's not likely

I am going after some uncharted territory for 2015:

- My first ultra marathon, which will also be my first trail race(North Face Endurance Challenge 50 miler in DC)

- Attempt to reach  Osium Level for the Marathon Maniacs by completing a QUADZILLA (4 marathons in 4 days)

- Run my first marathon out of the state of Virginia (Buffalo Marathon in May)

- Run my first marathon out of the country (DIngle Marathon, Ireland in September)

- All of this while maintaining my third year of my run streak.

Thanks for your time,

During the day, I am a mild mannered desk jockey who helps manage a large IT company.  At night, I am a family man, who is insanely in love with his wife and a proud daddy to an amazing girl.  But in the pre-dawn hours, as most everyone else is still asleep, I am my alter ego.  I indulge in my passion for athletic activities, geekdom and artistic fun.  During that time, I am: OxenTrot.  

You can hear my stories at:

My website: www.oxentrot.com

My podcast:  OxenTales on iTunes or just search OxenTales on Stitcher

Possibly one full marathon, more likely 2 half marathons.

delicate flower

Improve my race times and run a shit-ton of miles.

<3

joescott

Put in the work.  Take each race as it comes. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

kevinballen

My 2015 Race goal is to PR in both marathons I run (B&A Trail in the spring, TBD in the fall).

My training goal is to train smartly.  Do my core work regularly, to take an unscheduled rest day when the body needs it, run my hard days hard and my easy days easy.  I had a mileage goal in 2014 so I think I only took about 2-3 URD all year but I did hit my goal of 3,000 miles in early December.

Kevin

Sultan of slug

1) STAY HEALTHY for once. Increase mileage slowly, take easy days easy. Subordinate to that, the following two goals...

2) Complete a structured training plan in the spring for 5ks and 10ks. Run a 10k under 36:00

3) Fall marathon in 2:50

Walk-Jogger

1) get my health back

2) get my weight back down under 134

3) run a mile under 6 minutes again

4) run  a 5k under 20 minutes by the end of the year, and at age 60.

I'll come back and add other stuff as I think of it.

Retired &  Loving It