Anyone doing the Nike NYC Half-Marathon on Aug 5th??? (Read 570 times)

Anyone have pizza?

Actually, is anyone besides me on this website from NYC???? Roll eyes
      i'm in jersey city but run in CP on monday nights not doing the aug 5 half, though!
        I'm in Brooklyn. I'm not running the NYC Half, though I ran it last year. I couldn't cough up the fee! I loved the course, and I hope to do it again some year. I think it might be better if I leave NYC and come back to do it. It'll make the 6:15 in your corral time see fun rather than, I don't know, really freaking early. Can't wait to read your report!
        2008 Goals
      • Run 1250 miles
      • Get down to 135!
      • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon

• Anyone have pizza?

Well I did my carbo-loading, and slept 10 hours last night. I have to wake up at 4am to take the subway, to make sure I line up by 6:15am because the race starts at 7am. Forecast calls for between 72-75 degrees and about 58% humidity. Not overly terrible. This is my first BIG race since my nightmare of a run at the Long Beach 10miler back on Memorial Day. I'm feeling good right now (just ARMED my iPod with all the necessary tunes to hopefully ensure a sub 9 min/mile race).
          btb1490

Well I did my carbo-loading, and slept 10 hours last night. I have to wake up at 4am to take the subway, to make sure I line up by 6:15am because the race starts at 7am. Forecast calls for between 72-75 degrees and about 58% humidity. Not overly terrible. This is my first BIG race since my nightmare of a run at the Long Beach 10miler back on Memorial Day. I'm feeling good right now (just ARMED my iPod with all the necessary tunes to hopefully ensure a sub 9 min/mile race).
            Good luck tomorrow! Good thing the race wasn't today, eh? Whereas the forecast isn't ideal, compared to how the weather has been lately, it will seem heavenly! I tried to get into this race based on the 1:30 qualifying time. I ran a half last year in 1:30:11, and explained to them that it was in the mountains and at altitude, and probably would've been 10 minutes faster on a "normal" course. They said sorry Charlie.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I tried to get into this race based on the 1:30 qualifying time. I ran a half last year in 1:30:11, and explained to them that it was in the mountains and at altitude, and probably would've been 10 minutes faster on a "normal" course. They said sorry Charlie.
              Come run the Grand Rapids HM in late Oct--cool weather and a pretty flat course. Nice race. Alex, good luck tomorrow. Hope you have a fantastic race! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay