decimals for weight lifting/different format for lifting (Read 741 times)

Finbarr

I know that this has been requested before, but I couldn't find the thread, and I was wondering if it was still on the list. (the decimals) Second, is there a chance we could save particular strength training workouts, where all we really need to input is the weight? Sort of like the runs. For example, say we have the "neighborhood run" we know it's 3 miles, we know the route, and we can track our performance on that specific route if we want. think of the same thing for a lift. the "Chest/Triceps" lift. we could input all the individual lifts that we would do in that routine. For example, 3 sets of Bench Press, 3 sets of Incline bench press, and 3 sets of decline bench press, 3 sets of dips, 3 sets of tricep pushdowns, and 3 sets of French presses. We could just click on that routine, and those fields would already be set, and we'd just add the weight and the number of reps. OR, what would be just as good, is if we could just enter the type of lift once each workout, and then add the pertinent data for each set. For example, now, if I do three sets of bench press, I have to enter bench press 3x. if I could just enter it once, use it as a label for a row, and then just add in the relevant data for each set, that'd be cool. I don't know if it's set up the way it is now for data integrity, and what i'm thinking about would be best for a report, I'll leave that to you, the programmer. Smile Just thought you could put it on your list. Again, thanks for creating the website. I love it!!
    eric :)

Finbarr, The fractional weights for weight training will be included in the next batch of releases. As for definining exercise sets, I have no idea how to approach the problem right now. Since I already have a lot on my plate, I will need to defer this until I get my planned features done. eric Smile
        Maybe the best thing to do would be to allow users to define their own strength routines and save them much like a route is saved for running. In the summary you could then show total lbs lifted for a couple of simple categories - say "strength upper" and "strength lower"?
          Along these same lines, I'd like to see the ability to put parts of seconds in my workouts, for total times and interval times. Something like h:m:s:ss. Not that parts of seconds are *too* important, but I hate rounding up all the time and I'd like to be able to keep whatever sig figs my timex gives me. Thanks again for all your hard work!

sairez, You can already enter fractional sections in the fields in the format that you suggested. eric Smile
            Finbarr

Finbarr, The fractional weights for weight training will be included in the next batch of releases. As for definining exercise sets, I have no idea how to approach the problem right now. Since I already have a lot on my plate, I will need to defer this until I get my planned features done. eric Smile
              Excellent.
                sairez, You can already enter fractional sections in the fields in the format that you suggested. eric Smile
                really? Every time I try 40:32:49 it thinks I've run for 40 hours. I guess I'll try adding another 00 in front.

really? Every time I try 40:32:49 it thinks I've run for 40 hours. I guess I'll try adding another 00 in front.
                  sairez, Fractional seconds are accepted in the form: h:m:s.ss Notice it's a decimal and not a colon.