Image not showing in forum post (Read 694 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sweet. Loads of pics of Jamie Big grin Thanks Eric!! MTA: but now quotes seem not to be working properly - http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/1d4aa754295449369d06a4a4741a7591#focus
    eric :)

Why is it that you find more bugs after the release than before?
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

November was a busy month for this Monkey. The quote bug was not there a couple hours ago, at least not that I ever saw. Smile MTA: I just remembered, I think Wingz saw something similar to this quote bug.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

For the same reason my AutoCAD drawings look PERFECT until I hit the "Send" button to e-mail them to a client! Some gremlins get in there and make embarrassing mistakes appear.

November was a busy month for this Monkey. The quote bug was not there a couple hours ago, at least not that I ever saw. Smile MTA: I just remembered, I think Wingz saw something similar to this quote bug.
            Fixed* I think the one you're thinking of have to do with an incorrectly formating tag, like having a displayed in the text. * probably introduce another bug elsewhere. Code reuse is great, except that it's so tightly integrated that a small change may affect many components and make things behave differently.

For the same reason my AutoCAD drawings look PERFECT until I hit the "Send" button to e-mail them to a client! Some gremlins get in there and make embarrassing mistakes appear.
              The problem is that this site has so many moving parts (a result of being customizable) that I can't test all possibilities. Users find ways of doing things that I could never think of and that's where the bugs lie. If I can't think of how to use something a certain way, I can't test it. MTA: This release is different because it contains an infrastructure change (the old site and this one are not compatible). I can't let everyone try it out before the switch. For future releases, I may have a separate site to let you guys try it out before moving it to the main site.

Well, not entirely. Another new post that has this error: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/Forum/Post/faaafb66b93b4a50915bd5db4107a3c8#focus
                That's a user error. You did not close the image tag Smile
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That's a user error. You did not close the image tag Smile
                  Looks closed to me, here is what I see when looking at the code, with bolding added to closing tag: ---------------------------- < quote="" pid="0eda58d6ae024731b33e727808976db1" />< img="" src="http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-7/1194311861.jpg" height="200" width="300" />>< uote="" /> A normally sized tapir. ---------------------------- MTA: also, look at the code from this post. The >< between="" the="" "="" and="" the="" img="" seems="" to="" have="" an="" additional="" close="" bracket="" in="" it="" that="" i="" am="" not="" adding,="" giving="" />>

That's the closing of the begin tag. I looked at your raw post and there is no double >> I don't know why you're seeing that You can either do: < img="" src="http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-7/1194311861.jpg" height="200" width="300" />/> - or - < img="" src="http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-7/1194311861.jpg" height="200" width="300" />< mg="" />
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ahhh, a closing backslash. That was not required in RA 1.0. User error, but due to a change in the program. Wink The >>< is="" in="" my="" most="" recent="" post,="" above,="" from="" 9:21pm="" (modified="" time).="" i="" am="" not="" sure="" where="" it="" came="" from="" either,="" ra="" is="" adding="" the="" second="" /> MTA...whoa. I entered > twice and < once="" in="" this="" post,="" and="" look="" at="" it.="" now="" there="" are="" 3="" x="" /> and 1 x < . why is ra doing this? do you control my computer? who sent you? .="" why="" is="" ra="" doing="" this?="" do="" you="" control="" my="" computer?="" who="" sent=""></ . why is ra doing this? do you control my computer? who sent you?>

MTA...whoa. I entered > twice and < once="" in="" this="" post,="" and="" look="" at="" it.="" now="" there="" are="" 3="" x="" /> and 1 x < .="" why="" is="" ra="" doing="" this?="" do="" you="" control="" my="" computer?="" who="" sent="" />
                        Fat fingers? Back away from the fridge, slowly...
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Fat fingers? Back away from the fridge, slowly...
                          No, look at my code. Something weird is going on. I really did put in > > < (2="" x="" />, 1 x <)>, 1 x <).>, 1 x < -="" />>< mta:="" (this="" time="" it="" killed="" off="" the="" final="" />< and="" i="" just="" saw="" 2="" x="" />, but then when I added this MTA with the extra less than bracket, it went to 3 x >, 1 x <)></).></)>
                            < img="" />http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj110/RickyDonoho/webbGrowl290.jpgg This one worked for me. I tried yours Trent and it did not work. Confused mta: Why is it adding an extra "g" to the end of .jpg? I went in and took the g off, and it comes back ".jpp"?
                            Don't know what I'm doing here but to say I revealed this earlier, or something similar. MTA: Look, the quote developed a THIRD g after posting here.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Why is it sideways?

Confirmed. Trent is adora.