Can't get away from cigarette smoke (Read 257 times)

Not dead. Yet.

See it fairly frequently actually.  Like that same post, whining up a storm about people not liking smoke and vilifying smokers (which is an exaggeration of most of what has been said in this thread). 

I guess I set myself up for that one.  At least you don't see me threatening to hip-check anyone who has too much perfume on or is smoking near my running path.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Feeling the growl again

I guess I set myself up for that one.  At least you don't see me threatening to hip-check anyone who has too much perfume on or is smoking near my running path.

Perhaps you should try developing a sense of humor.  I didn't threaten anyone.  Lighten up and stop being so butt-hurt.  Most of the responders grasped the sentiment being expressed (not a personal comment or real physical threat) and agreed.

My wife's job requires her to go into peoples' homes.  Given the geography, it's not always nice areas and there is often smoke, pets peeing on carpet, and rat dropping involved.  Tonight, despite not smoking and not letting anyone actually smoke while she is there, her clothes and hair smell so bad she had to take a shower because it was nauseating both of us.

I have friends that smoke.  Sometimes they do it in front of me, I don't really think less of them for their choice and it doesn't necessarily bother me as long as they are considerate enough to be downwind of me.  But I still think it's nasty stuff.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I had to do this once with a fellow employee, I was his team lead/mentor, and had to tell him that whatever he was wearing was a no-no as other employees were complaining.  It was giving people headaches and I personally couldn't be near him for more than a few seconds.

was his name Brian?

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... but you don't see me whining up a storm every time it happens....

You're doing this wrong. Whining over and over and then saying you don't whine, isn't really humorous (or if it was, it was sophisticated trolling and I fell for it). See how K L Duke did it - his was really funny.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

tinman11

At the starting line of an 8 k last year there was a spectator standing right at the line smoking a cig..........smoke drifting all across the runners waiting for the start.

At the start of the exact same race last week, same thing happened again but it was a different guy smoking.

I might get blasted for this, but Firing babysitters because they smell too good (As opposed to bad!) or fussing about people outdoors smoking?   If the only thing I have to complain about is such a minor issue as that, oh happy day!

Too much perfume does NOT SMELL TOO GOOD, it's disgusting! Also the chemicals in a most perfumes cause a lot of people to feel sick and get really bad headaches. If that was my babysitter I would've fired her too.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Too much perfume does NOT SMELL TOO GOOD, it's disgusting! Also the chemicals in a most perfumes cause a lot of people to feel sick and get really bad headaches. If that was my babysitter I would've fired her too.

So true.  I'd much rather be stuck in a confined space with some one who smells of a smoke than with

an over perfumed / cologned up person!

And as an x-smoker I do very much dislike the smell of cigaret smoke.

steph