Asics Cumulus 15 for winter running? (Read 53 times)

BrooksRunner87

I just bought the cumulus 15 about a month ago and absolutely love them but I am wondering how well they will hold up in winter conditions. Has anyone ran in this shoe, any version, in the winter?

Latent Runner

I just bought the cumulus 15 about a month ago and absolutely love them but I am wondering how well they will hold up in winter conditions. Has anyone ran in this shoe, any version, in the winter?

I've been running in Asics shoes (including a few Cumulus models) for a long time now and haven't had any winter issues.  That said, when the snow gets too deep, I simply strap on a set of snow shoes and keep on running.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
      • 2-mile: 13:49
      • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
      • 5-Mile: 37:24
      • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
      • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
      • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
      BrooksRunner87

Thanks a lot. I can always run on roads by my house when the snow is to deep to run in. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have any problems using these shoes. When I got fit for them I wasn't even thinking about running in winter. This is the first winter that I am going to run. The stopped running a couple years ago when the conditions got rough and then never picked it back up when it got nice.