Any Motorcyclists? Post'em!! (Read 188 times)

Better I Leave

Just curious if other runners enjoy riding. If so, whatcha got folks? Here's my 2 rides...

First up, my "Beast" 1800cc's of fuel injected behemoth...

Here's my "daily" commuter. A mint condition vintage 1983 Honda Aspencade...And everything works too!...

npaden

Here's my last bike.  I've had a bunch of different bikes, this was my first non street bike.

The kickstand wasn't down in this picture, it was stuck in the snow in July in Montana.  That was on the "road".  I didn't make it any farther it got a lot worse.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Better I Leave

Nice...Montana RAWKS. I've visited Missoula a number of times (family)...Flathead Lake and Glacier....Good times.

Rusk Runner

08 Harley Streetglide.  I have no frigging idea how to post pics in here.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

2009 Vulcan 500 - daily commuter, except when it's icy, so she's in the garage for another couple of months... Sad

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

chaquita73

Had a 2006 HD Heritage which I sold in 2008 when I got pregnant with my first kid...just had a feeling that I wouldn't have time to ride after becoming a Mom.  So, far, I was right.  Boo.

Not sure how to post pics.

2003 H-D V-Rod (silver); 2006 H-D 1200 Custom Sportster (red/grey); 2009 H-D V-Rod (red sunglo) - love them!!

kcam

This is a pic of all of my toys.  Ironically, since running took over my life about 5 years ago the only thing I still do besides running is mountain biking.  I still have the XR250 and the CR80/XR120 conversion bike but haven't ridden the small bike for 2 years.  The XR is plated and I still ride it once in a while to work and back.  The snowboards haven't been down from the wall for the past 2 winters.  The wife has convinced me to sell the bikes  ... Sad

#artbydmcbride

My guy on his 1922 Harley Davidson during the antique motorcycle Cannonball run in September:

Runners run

12-week layoff

2008 HD Sportster 1200N.  DH currently has a 2010 HD Road King...just traded a 2011 HD Night Rod Special, which I rode every chance I could get.  I don't love the Road King, but the kid rides with him, so it's better for a passenger.  Hence the trade.

Running and riding have the same effect on my mood.

beachrun

A pic of my bike after I did a cruise of the Hamptons today.  The temp hit 50 so I got out.  It was great.  First time with my new floorboards.  They're comfortable but I'm a little worried about how they reduce my cornering clearance.

87 Honda 450 cmx Rebel.   Got it in Sept.  It was in bad shape but I fixed her up, rebuilt carbs etc.  This is my fifth bike but first after a twenty five year hiatus from riding.  It feels great to be back.

Better I Leave

OK! Nice to see some fellow riders out there. Nice rides everyone! Keep the shiny side up! Smile

beachrun

OK! Nice to see some fellow riders out there. Nice rides everyone! Keep the shiny side up! Smile

That 1800 is gorgeous.  Valkyrie?  I can't imagine riding that.  Four times the engine size as mine!  I would be dangerous to myself on that.  What is that 0 - 60 in three seconds?

Better I Leave

That 1800 is gorgeous.  Valkyrie?  I can't imagine riding that.  Four times the engine size as mine!  I would be dangerous to myself on that.  What is that 0 - 60 in three seconds?

Honda VTX1800 R. At the time, it had the largest pistons of any mass produced internal combustion engine. Kawasaki later came out w/ a 2000cc V-Twin. Wanna hear a funny story? This was my very first bike in 38 years, right? Well...Before I got the VTX, all I wanted was a little scooter to get "to and from work" as I only work 2.5 miles away, right? That was the start of my quest. Then my wife said "Well if you're gonna get something, at least get a bike that we both can go out and enjoy." So I find a good deal on a new Honda Shadow 1100 in San Francisco. We drive all the way out to San Francisco (About 150 miles) only to find out that with all the additional accessories we want really jacked up the price!!!

So there's this gorgeous, used VTX in the showroom for a very reasonable price and my wife asks me to get on it. I say "No. It's too big." She begs, whines, pleads, so I finally say "OK, if I do, will you stop whining?" She agrees and so I hop on it...and say "It's too big.". She says..."It is SOOOO YOU."...My wife won.

I rode that fucker home, all 150 miles pissing my pants the whole way as I hadn't been on a bike since I was 19. LOL! (Of course I wasn't laughing at the time.)

beachrun

Wow PGD.  I would say your wife is not typical.  In a good way.

When I asked my wife about getting a bike she made a quick calculation involving life insurance and mortgage payments....commented on how I managed to find a new thing to spend money on, and asked why I needed a motorcycle and why would I want one on LI, am I crazy ? (she did have a point there).

I took that as a yes.

BTW  VTX1800 0-60 is around 3.5 - 3.8.    Slow POS.  Evil