Cortisone Shots (Read 432 times)

I know there was a thread about Cortisone shots for plantar fasciitis, but I'm curious if anyone has any information about them for other foot problems. Specifically, I'm told I have a neuroma and I've done the staying off it for 5 weeks thing (thought it was a stress fracture) and the physical therapy thing (electroshock, ultrasound, massage, etc). I got new shoes, new orthotics and metatarsel arch cushions. Nothing is helping. A few people have suggested that a cortisone shot directly into the foot may take the swelling down and cause the nerves to stop being compressed. One person who had a Morton's Neuroma told me he had one shot and was fine and back out running 15 miles the next day and the pain has never returned. Others have said that you can get addicted to the pain relief of the shot and need it continuously every time the pain returns. I'm going back to the doctor on Thursday and will bring this up. I'm just hoping to get as much information about it, or hear about other people's experiences before that. Thanks.