I am so freaking proud. (Read 2452 times)

A Saucy Wench

This isnt really what I can do per se. When I was pg with ds I recruited some newish runners to start running with me. One of them got hooked. Since then she is out there every day with me training training training. She hasnt realized yet that she is going to be faster than me. We are training for Portland, her first marathon. Along the way she has ROCKED a 30K and some other races. But she had a HM today that was a goal race for her and she said she was going to shoot for 8:30 pace and I told her she needed to start out at a 8:25 pace at least because I knew knew knew she was at least even with me. She finished in 1:47:50 Big grin And she did it great 8:20-8:25 for the first half, picked it up til mile 10 and then quit looking at her watch and went for it. One it is cool to have someone who is nearly identical pace to train with. We rarely have bad days at the same time so someone is always there to push the other. But a I am just beaming because I dont know if she would have tried this insanity on her own. Being a "coach" is fun!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Way to be such a positive influence on your friend Ennay!! Smile
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, how cool! What a great day for BOTH of you! Maybe I will be that fast when I grow up. Cool
        runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great job. How nice is it to find someone with the same obsession.. Are you surprised by how much running knowledge you have to share?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

JakeKnight

There is no prouder accomplishment in running than inspiring someone else. Nothing else even comes close.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

That's really cool. Don't get too jealous if she does start to pull ahead though, and try not to hold her back (too much...)

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

That's really cool. Don't get too jealous if she does start to pull ahead though, and try not to hold her back (too much...)
                I keep trying to push her ahead and she wont go. One of these days she will. I know she has the potential to be faster than me...she has only been running for 2 1/2 years, and really only a year consistantly. I think she is afraid that if she beats me that it will hurt our friendship somehow. I keep trying to tell her there is no way for me to lose....if she gets super fast then I get to brag about what a great coach I am Wink

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

That's so cool. Especially because you have such grace and pride in her accomplishment. That's just the best. Yes

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Another Passion

Awesome, Ennay!

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

AllForOne

HEY i finished in 1:47:50 exactly in my first half marathon too!!!
                      3rd Time's a charm
                      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

So awesome! I love your attitude about this and how happy you are with her success. She's lucky to have you as a training partner and coach. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

A Saucy Wench

To follow up. She ROCKED the marathon. Her first marathon, she ran 3:47:XX, she ran negative splits, had fun and is looking forward to another one. She gained nearly 1.5 minutes on me in the last 6 miles, she just laid it down at the end. Damn I'm a good coach! Wink

redleaf

Yea for coach Ennay! wanna move to Toronto for a bit ? Except I'm pretty pokey Wink

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Pah! Need someone to trip her for ya? Evil grin
                              runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. Ennay for "coach of the year". Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/