Printing your own shoes (Read 412 times)

Looks like shoe manufacturing is about to change, this could be awesome.

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/student-creates-worlds-fastest-shoe-with-a-printer-2012079/

Feeling the growl again

Some bold performance claims I doubt they have any real evidence for.  Nonetheless, it is a very interesting concept.  They've been using this technology for prototype modeling for some time; I used to know someone who ran one of these machines.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Now, what would be really nice is if companies sold the patterns for their shoe-lines so you could print them yourselves.  Want some 1974 era Nikes?  <print>

Of course, they'd find some digial rights management so they could make a profit, but wouldn't it be worth it -- never find yourself without a new pair of your favorite kicks.

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 06/19: Pelvic stress-fracture = 6-weeks of no running.

Needs more cowbell!

Some bold performance claims I doubt they have any real evidence for.  Nonetheless, it is a very interesting concept.  They've been using this technology for prototype modeling for some time; I used to know someone who ran one of these machines.

I saw some cool looking prosthetics that used this technology.  Really interesting to see Art fused with medical devices, like that.

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)