2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

Day 29 - a 17.3 mile long run kicked the monthly mileage up.  I may make my December goal after all.

Way to go, Ginny!

This is the longest and farthest I've ever streaked - 25 days and 82 miles. Ran my fastest 10 miles today and felt great. My knees is barking at me now, though. Didn't bother me in the least while running. 

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Christirei

Streak is still alive, but with the flu last week my mileage goal is out the window, it was barely clinging to life as it was anyway Smile really enjoying the streak again this year and hoping to keep it going a little while into January

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Kept the streak alive after a nightmare 21 hour trip from Taiwan home to Michigan with around 5 miles this morning. Don't know how you guys do early morning runs in the suburbs! Outside my parents' house here in Michigan it is Pitch Black! I'm used to running early in Taipei which is filled with streetlights. Being closer to the equator means the sunrise is earlier as well. Gonna have to borrow my father's headlamp for tomorrow morning's run.

Trying to keep my distance from all of these sick people. Two in my house.

2-3 days of crud the beginning of last week, but kept it going.

Today is day 26.
          51.3 mi and 9 days remaining

Progress:

196.7 mi

Pace bunny:

184.2 mi

You are projected to complete
          264.8 mi at the current rate.

Get off my porch

Thank you for all the kind words.  I know a lot of people think streaking is crazy, but, for me, it is just who I am.  I run every day the same way you brush your teeth or do any other daily activity.  It has made me stronger and happier, and that is what is important.  My family supports me, which is also very important.  Some days are hard but for the most part every day has a good start.  This year has been a particularly good year -- besides turning 50, I had a marathon and 100 mile PR. 

And today's run was wonderful despite my slight hangover . . . 6 miles with lightly falling snow.

DAmmmn! impressive!

Get off my porch

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2.1 miles in the rain.  Decided it wasn't worth driving to the track for a short run, so we duck taped the shoes and ran between the rain drops. At least it was 37* so it felt pretty good when we weren't running into the wind.

GinnyinPA

I'm surprised, it was colder here than in Chicago?  We had rain and ice so I did three on the TM. Day 30 and 133.8 for December. Only 32 miles to go to get my highest monthly mileage ever.

Ojo

Only 32 miles to go to get my highest monthly mileage ever.

Sara

MM #2929

Half Fanatic #846

48 mi to go to reach my goal of 200 - just ahead of the pace bunny. Looking forward to 4-5 miles barefooted in the rain - its 67* with steady rain all day. Will get totally drenched and love every minute!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

on my way to badass

56.3 so far and still in it. I'm planning to continue beyond 1/1/15.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Joann Y

So far so good (kind of eerily so compared to last year). My daily run graph is starting to look quite pretty. About another 55 or so miles to go.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

To make my goal I'm going to need a couple of 13 mile days, with only one more weekend in the year.  We shall see.

jpdeaux

To make my goal I'm going to need a couple of 13 mile days, with only one more weekend in the year.  We shall see.

7+6=13

Just sayin'.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Only 5 of planned 10.  Wasted probably the last nice day for a while.  But streak continues.

GinnyinPA

6 on the TM on a dreary misty foggy day.  I am already tired of winter, and we haven't even had any snow yet.