Forget Mo Farrah: I just pulverized the world record in 10K in 23 minutes!! (Read 409 times)

running metalhead

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/751857dc4b1949d48997ae5e3de060a9/workouts/b89c2caa475347788e362afd61a9eaf1/graphs

Check it out!!!

Oh yea, oh yeah, I'm sooo cool, 10K in a bit over 23 minutes!! I RLZ!!!

Well, at least that's what my Garmin would like me to believe... damn thing Angry

AT least I fixed the Super-duper heart rate max at 233 bpm...

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
    - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
    - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
    - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
    - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
    - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Tiefsa

Way to put the hammer down the last part of your run!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yes, and great pacing during the part where you dropped the pace sub-4.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

If Garmin says it, it has to be true. Right? Cool

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

joescott

Sounds like your Garmin had GPS dropout for a while or something?  But from looking at your training log entry, I'm not sure I understand the error.  If you did 3x8.66km should that not be 26 km, so your 3rd split would be about 6 km, not 10?  And 23Tight lippedx doesn't seem so outrageous for that.  I'm not saying Garmin could not have screwed up, but that when I look at your workout it's not clear to me I guess how it did??  BTW, what device are you using?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Zaphod

President of the Galaxy

Just an easy run down by the lake, listening to some tunes?

#artbydmcbride

Meh, I hit a sub 2 minute mile jogging on the deck of a cruise ship....barely breaking a sweat.  Cool

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Meh, I hit a sub 2 minute mile jogging on the deck of a cruise ship....barely breaking a sweat.  Cool

Slacker. Shoulda worked at it and gone for the great 1 barrier.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

running metalhead

your 3rd split would be about 6 km, not 10?  And 23Tight lippedx doesn't seem so outrageous for that.  I'm not saying Garmin could not have screwed up, but that when I look at your workout it's not clear to me I guess how it did??  BTW, what device are you using?

I calculated 4'5km for the third split for good measure plus 2km home (it's a loop that I run). I guess that the battery of the foot pod lost power. No big deal, I just found it extremely funny. I was aware that something was wrong when I saw the KMs increasing like crazy but it was so darn hot and wet that I just thought "WTF, let's go home, grab a beer and I'll do the math later" LOL

The device is a FR60, handier than a GPS in the woods and quite accurate... as long as it's working of course  Smile

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                    - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                    - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                    - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                    - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                    - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

joescott

I calculated 4'5km for the third split for good measure plus 2km home (it's a loop that I run). I guess that the battery of the foot pod lost power. No big deal, I just found it extremely funny. I was aware that something was wrong when I saw the KMs increasing like crazy but it was so darn hot and wet that I just thought "WTF, let's go home, grab a beer and I'll do the math later" LOL

The device is a FR60, handier than a GPS in the woods and quite accurate... as long as it's working of course  Smile

OK, cool.  Thanks for the additional detail.  That helps mucho a lot!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Nice!!  The running app I use usually goes the other way.  On Tuesday it told me I ran 2.12 miles in 29 minutes...

Leah, mother of dogs

Mo appeared unperturbed as he won the World Championships 10,000 this morning.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

He was probably seething inside tho

Runners run