Shoe Milage (Read 1175 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It would be great to have shoe total milage show in the shoe-selector drop-down box alongside each shoe name.
    eric :)

Trent, That is a good idea, but I'm not sure what kind of impact it has on performance so I'm going to hold off on adding it. eric Smile
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks. On the online log I use (and will be leaving in about 4 days), this is shown to me every time I enter a new event/activity. It is very useful to remind me how far I have gone on the shoe. An alternative is to allow me to "see details" on a shoe from the logging page and to allow me to set thresholds for alerting (tell me to buy a new shoe at 300 miles), if those would help performance.

Thanks. On the online log I use (and will be leaving in about 4 days), this is shown to me every time I enter a new event/activity. It is very useful to remind me how far I have gone on the shoe. An alternative is to allow me to "see details" on a shoe from the logging page and to allow me to set thresholds for alerting (tell me to buy a new shoe at 300 miles), if those would help performance.
          *gasp* you use another running log? Shocked That's alright. I still like you Big grin I understand its usefulness, and it is quite useful. The issue is the server needs to do quite a bit more work to get that value and I need to look into what kind of impact it has (e.g. how much longer it takes to display the workout entry page).
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

*gasp* you use another running log? Shocked That's alright. I still like you Big grin I understand its usefulness, and it is quite useful. The issue is the server needs to do quite a bit more work to get that value and I need to look into what kind of impact it has (e.g. how much longer it takes to display the workout entry page).
            Wink I only use the other one because I could not export from it and wanted to finish out the year. But not for much loner. That site is slow to load and is over-developed from a technological standpoint; the flashy gets in the way of the useful. Be thee warned, once I move over, I am sure I will come up with outer ideas Wink Evil grin Could you have the milage show up in a div that loads asynchrously?

That site is slow to load and is over-developed from a technological standpoint
              I thought this site is over developed from a technological standpoint Big grin You know what though? I like it being technologically over developed. I mean, this is the internet, the A/V club of uber technology geekiness. I'm beginning to regret making fun of you using the other log, mostly because I don't know what other ideas you got in mind Tongue Loading the shoe mileage asychronously is the worse possible solution in terms of performance. It doesn't seem like I can get away with putting it off with you... Let me look into it.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ha! Thanks. The other site is nearly entirely done with Flash. nikerunning.com. To much.
                sluggo

John

Hi Eric, I too would like to see my shoe mileage show up with less effort on my part. I know I can see this whenever I wish by drilling into each shoe and that I can see it when I make a new run entry - but it would be nice to see on the "Summary" page or something. It would also be nice to have the shoe entry change colors as mileage exceeds a threshold. Maybe yellow at 300 mi and red at 500 mi or maybe I could set these thresholds somewhere in the options. I understand that you must make sure you do not overtax the server(s) with this type of change and you do have a day job that pays the bills while this job is mostly for fun(?). Never-the-less when you get the time and inclination I would appreciate it. Thx

John
                  www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Roscoe

Hi, don't know if this has been suggested already so sorry if it's a repeat, but (gasp) I tool a walk in my running shoes and would like to be able to log these miles to the total to those shoes, but can't seem to do this when I go into "log a walk"....does that make sense, thanks Eric

Roscoe, The next version of the log will support walking and any other sport. eric :-)

sluggo, That's an interesting idea. I haven't gotten to the new shoe page yet. I'll see if I can include what you want in the next release. No promises though. eric :-)