On Wisconsin! (Read 2075 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ha ha ha.

Regardless of the greed-based (almost slightly sociopathic) job bankers did wrecking our economy, those people were there every single day, twelve months a year. Not that nine-month bull****.

I also liked the contrast of how with CEOS and bankers, we need to pay more to we can attract talent -- not like teachers. I mean, there's no danger of teachers wrecking our economy. Imagine how awful it would be if we let shoddy underpaid bankers wreck our economy...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DoppleBock

I also liked the contrast of how with CEOS and bankers, we need to pay more to we can attract talent -- not like teachers. I mean, there's no danger of teachers wrecking our economy. Imagine how awful it would be if we let shoddy underpaid bankers wreck our economy...

But the poor education system and performance of US workers is not helping -

I do believe that there should be a formula that the highest paid worker cannot make more than X times more than the lowest or maybe the average of the bottom 50% of the workers.

So if the average of the bottom 50% make $35,000 a year - The highest paid worker can not make more than x times - Maybe 20 x ... what ever - but at least some cap.  The amount of money the CEO's make is criminal.

Although I also understand that when you get to a certain level - There is no where else to put you.  So its perform or get fired.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Tramps

The Stewart piece is classic.  Why is are the "real" media not making connections like this?

So if the average of the bottom 50% make $35,000 a year - The highest paid worker can not make more than x times - Maybe 20 x ... what ever - but at least some cap.  The amount of money the CEO's make is criminal.

Yep. "From 2006 through 2008, the top five executives at the 20 banks that have accepted the most federal bailout dollars since the meltdown averaged $32 million each in personal compensation. One hundred average U.S. workers would have to labor over 1,000 years to make as much as these 100 executives made in three."

Be safe. Be kind.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So its perform or get fired.

Or if your golden parachute deal is good enough, coast along safe in the comfort that they don't dare fire you cause it would be too expensive and embarrassing.

DoppleBock

Do I mind that our sales poeple make 2-10 times the amount the Plant Controller does ... not at all.  Basically with them its put out or get out!  When our GM tells me he is hiring a new sales person - I tell him why not 2 or 3 and then after 1-2 years get rid of the lowest performing 1 or 2.  With our comapny you can make a lot in sales ... but it really is a 2 year window to put out or get out.

But this is also true with any of our plants senior positions - Once you are part of the management team - You either perform or get fired.  When you are in middle management or lower - We often will try and find another seat on the bus that fit your skills better.

Or if your golden parachute deal is good enough, coast along safe in the comfort that they don't dare fire you cause it would be too expensive and embarrassing.

DoppleBock

My Golden Parachute will be 1 week of severance for each year of service - I am at 14 right now.

Feeling the growl again

Regardless of the greed-based (almost slightly sociopathic) job bankers did wrecking our economy, those people were there every single day, twelve months a year. Not that nine-month bull****.

I've always been amazed at the nerve of the banks to insinuate that they needed to shovel compensation to the same "talent" which caused the financial crisis to keep them from leaving...seems to me they should have given them a boot up the derriere on the way out the door and found some real talent....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

thumbs up!

If this has been mentioned, my apologies... didn't want to read all 33 pages to find out.

One of the Wisconsin Democratic Senators (currently in Illinois), Chris Larson, has run 16 marathons.

2010 Goals
                  1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                  2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                  3. sub 30 min 5k
                  4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10

so, uhh, what's been happening in Wisconsin?

Menace to Sobriety

so, uhh, what's been happening in Wisconsin?

Packers won the World Series and cheese.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Packers won the World Series and cheese.

oh wow! the packers play baseball now? gee, win one little title and they think they think they can do anything. 

I think the Gov. owns the team now so he can do what ever he wants.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dunno about Wisconsin, but the fabulous online media says Gingrich is explaining that his adultery was because he is so patriotic. That clears it all up.

Menace to Sobriety

Dunno about Wisconsin, but the fabulous online media says Gingrich is explaining that his adultery was because he is so patriotic. That clears it all up.

Well, duh? When your little soldier stands up and salutes, a true patriot can hardly retreat now, can he?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Prince of Fatness

Interesting.  This is a big reason why the unions are being viewed the way they are, at least here in NJ.  There are many here who view them as simply just another powerful lobby.  Sure, numbers can be spun many ways, but it should not be difficult to see why this perception of unions exists.

Not at it at all.