The best toys of all time (Read 886 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Classic stuff here, not at all what I expected from wired,com:

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/01/the-5-best-toys-of-all-time/all/1

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our son is mostly beyond the box phase, but we have a Priority Mail box that we can't throw away, since our 18 year old cat has claimed it...and what Lola wants, Lola gets.  She practically lives in that box.  Whenever someone is looking for her and can't find her the question "did you look in THE box?" is always raised.

39 year old DH cannot throw out paper tubes.   Ever.  He has a drawer full of poster tubes and heavy wrapping paper tubes...I don't know what in the hell he is keeping them for. Roll eyes

Dirt, yeah...we like dirt.  Here's my giant filthy hubby on my teeny tiny bike.  The back tire and tube totally blew out on his mid-race, so he grabbed my bike for the last half of his race.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Julia1971

I think he forgot pots and pans.  I guess that's mostly for little little kids, though.

And, was paper on the list?  I remember going through an origami phase.  I specialized in pianos.

jeffdonahue

Lately the big thing my kids love to play with is Duct Tape.  Granted, a little more expensive than dirt, but still not bad as far as price goes.

"run" "2" "eat"

first of all -- bubble wrap. durr.

secondly -- zoomy, have you ever heard that comedy routine about the "christmas paper wrapping paper tube"? that could answer any questions you have about your hubby's tube-saving tendencies.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Menace to Sobriety

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

secondly -- zoomy, have you ever heard that comedy routine about the "christmas paper wrapping paper tube"? that could answer any questions you have about your hubby's tube-saving tendencies.

Yeah, we fight over bubble wrap in this house.

I'm going to have to look for that wrapping tube bit...I don't think I have seen that.  Maybe I can forgive him for hogging up a drawer, after all.

~ Sarah Kay

"run" "2" "eat"

i did find that it was john heffron, but didn't find the actual video.

heffron is one hilarious dude!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They forgot Happy Fun Ball.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i did find that it was john heffron, but didn't find the actual video.

heffron is one hilarious dude!

I can't find it, either.  The interwebs are being tricky, today.

~ Sarah Kay

undue monkey

I can't find it, either.  The interwebs are being tricky, today.

Linkage

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, that is exactly what we did with those tubes!

~ Sarah Kay

Best thing with bubble wrap...

Put it on the floor and roll over it with an office chair.

Sounds like machine gun fire.

Jeff

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got this for my mom a few Christmases ago.  Everyone wanted to use it.  It was completely addicting.

~ Sarah Kay