2014 Sub 19 5k Thread (Read 341 times)

C-R

Didn't see one of these and it's one of my main goals (besides BQ) this year.

Ran 19:19 today and .....

So who's in?

Name Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3 Achieved
    C-R  6/14      
    Dtothe2nd

4/19

18:57

4/26  
    Jamezilla        
    Cecil59 4/18      
    Joe_ 5/26      
    Greg C        
    Tweeeked

5/17

18:48

on to the sub 18 group!
    James_H

5/17

5/26     
    SubDood 6/7      
    jpdeaux        
    L_Master 4/27      
    stshipley

3/1

18:54

CliveF        
    Rick_Stone        
    Slothful1

6/17

18:50

djs

10/30

18:42

the track is your friend

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mmmmm...beer

I'm in!  Have two 5Ks in April.  My PR from last year is 19:26.  I have no idea what to expect next month, since I haven't run a 5K since last June, but I feel strong coming off my recent BQ.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm in!  Nothing in the near future scheduled, but I would like to turn my 19:06 PR into a sub 19.  I ran a 19:18 in February (improvement of 30 seconds over the same race in 2013).

**Ask me about streaking**

Walk-Jogger

I'm in on this. I ran 18:50 in January last year, but then lost some speed training for my one and perhaps only marathon last July. I just turned 59 and I'm feeling it a bit, but I think I can still get this done at least one more time.  My next fast 5k race probably will be the Twilight 5K on April 18th in Lewiston, Idaho. That's where I set my current PR (18:22) two years ago. It's a flat course and is 1800' lower in altitude than here in Pullman, and that seems to help a bit. Plus it's run at 7:00 PM and I always seem to run faster later in the day vs early mornings.

Retired &  Loving It

bap

I'm in on this. I ran 18:50 in January last year, but then lost some speed training for my one and perhaps only marathon last July. I just turned 59 and I'm feeling it a bit, but I think I can still get this done at least one more time.  My next fast 5k race probably will be the Twilight 5K on April 18th in Lewiston, Idaho. That's where I set my current PR (18:22) two years ago. It's a flat course and is 1800' lower in altitude than here in Pullman, and that seems to help a bit. Plus it's run at 7:00 PM and I always seem to run faster later in the day vs early mornings.

Marathon training killed my speed for over a year.

Great times for an old 'un Wink

Certified Running Coach
            Crocked since 2013

count me in as well.  I have a 19:34 or something in the books this year but i'd like to see that first number start with a 18 again.

I don't have a 5K on the calendar until Memorial day.  Then the weekly 5K series starts up.

nothing to see here.  

Mmmmm...beer

My two 5Ks this month are on the 19th and 26th.  Then a couple more in May and July.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I'll play. No 5ks scheduled yet, but it won't be long.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Tweeeked

I guess I should sign up for this one too. I have the ambitious goal to go sub-18 by the end of this year, but my PR right now is 19:03. After that race (March 9th) I felt great, and knew I could have pushed much harder. So at this point I know I can break it - it's more of a formality.

2016 Goals:

• 5k: sub-16:30
                    • 10k: sub-36
                    • Half: sub-76
                    • Full: 2:45 in Boston

I'm in.  I ran 18:55 in October of 2011 on a course with hills and an uphill finish.  Yesterday I ran 20:48, so I have a lot of work to do. I'm only at 35 miles per week right now.

C-R

The crowd increases. This is good.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

SubDood

Congrats on the BQ yesterday, C-R!

I would like to break 19 on June 7th.

C-R

Congrats on the BQ yesterday, C-R!

I would like to break 19 on June 7th.

Thanks. Now lets get some shorter stuff as fast as these old seasoned legs can go.

I hope to lower my 5k time again Memorial Day, might run a race before that one.  Anyone racing this weekend?

Feeling the growl again

I hope to lower my 5k time again Memorial Day, might run a race before that one.  Anyone racing this weekend?

I dunno C-R, are you running the Blame Spaniel 5K #3?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills