1

Uploading with Forerunner 310XT (Read 1008 times)

    I upgraded to the newest firmware version today for the Forerunner 310XT.  The upload page still detects my device.  I click the upload button and it looks as things are progressing as normal.  After it says uploading data to server, the page automatically refreshes, and starts scanning for my device again.  The workouts that supposedly just uploaded are nowhere to be seen.

     

    Running Windows 7 64bit and using Chrome.

      The importer couldn't understand a component within your data files.  I'll send you a private message with instruction with how to proceed.

      pmcfarland


        I had the exact same problem this morning

          If it ain't broke, don't upgrade the Garmin firmware.

           

          I would hold off on updating any Garmin firmware until I was confident the bugs were worked out. Seems as though nearly everytime Garmin releases a new firmware, there are bugs. Go to the Garmin forums and start searching, I'm sure you will find a few more users that are now having problems. On my FR60, Garimin had to post a solution to a firmware upgrade bug that instructed the users to go back to an older firmware until they could fix the bug.

           

          The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

           

          2014 Goals:

           

          Stay healthy

          Enjoy life

           

            Eric

             

            This may be old news to you, but it appears that Garmin has changed the header from 12 byte to 14 byte in their latest firmware.

             

            The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

             

            2014 Goals:

             

            Stay healthy

            Enjoy life

             

              Eric

               

              This may be old news to you, but it appears that Garmin has changed the header from 12 byte to 14 byte in their latest firmware.

               

              I wasn't aware of this.  When I examined the file, the definition message is correct, with 12 bytes in the header.  However, the data message's header (first 12 bytes) is all zeros, thus resulting in a mismatch of data message type.

               

              Where did you get this information?

                I wasn't aware of this.  When I examined the file, the definition message is correct, with 12 bytes in the header.  However, the data message's header (first 12 bytes) is all zeros, thus resulting in a mismatch of data message type.

                 

                Where did you get this information?

                 

                From SportTracks forums. ST is having an issue as well and that is what they came up with. The Admin and a couple other developers had posted their findings on Garmins forum also

                 

                 

                MTA: It appears that the tcx file upload works, at least in SportTracks.

                 

                The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

                 

                2014 Goals:

                 

                Stay healthy

                Enjoy life

                 

                  I found the same info on the ST forum and indeed it is 14 instead of 12 bytes.  I think the fix is as simple as skipping the unused bytes, although I'm curious to know what's in the two extra bytes.

                   

                  I realized that TCX import is still working, which is why some other sites are not affected by this.  RA used to use only download data in TCX, but a previous 310XT firmware upgrade introduced something about starting/stopping that resulted in invalid durations.  I looked into that and it turns out the Garmin Communicator wasn't processing the new functionality properly.  The only way to fix it is to import the FIT format since the latest Forerunners store data in native FIT format.  Crazy stuff.

                   

                  Anyway, I should have a fix by tonight.


                  Loves the outdoors

                    Eric, thanks so much for all your hard work with this! Your message at the top of my download page stopped me from upgrading to the new firmware today. I really appreciate you keeping us informed! Thanks!

                    One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

                      I founded and fixed the problem.  The firmware upgrade changed the file format and my code didn't gracefully handle it.  You should be able to import your data now.  Feel free to upgrade the firmware as well since it contains many changes.

                      xor


                        I found the same info on the ST forum and indeed it is 14 instead of 12 bytes.  I think the fix is as simple as skipping the unused bytes, although I'm curious to know what's in the two extra bytes.

                         

                         

                        raisins