RA Thread of the Year & Hall of Fame - Nominations (Read 512 times)

xhristopher

The threads are good, but I've discovered that they are mostly not as entertaining as when they occur in real time. 

Yeah, you are probably right. A stroll down memory lane isn't as fun as a live performance.

Has anyone nominated this one for HOF yet? The secret to running fast.

It probably makes it on this post alone:

are you a 9 year old girl?

Runners run

an amazing likeness

Here's a overall HOF nomination for...

What is your finish face look like

(gingrish title is part of the nomination)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

I think memory lane is a fabulous place for a stroll, especially perusing the true classics of RA literature.

However, "thread of the year" in April... nah.  I think some of this year's just SEEM amazing because they's fresh.  (that said, the railroad running crimes and misdemeanors was fun)

Thank you so much for this thread! The tendon issues I've been having in my right foot kept me from running last night so I read: The time sport jester trolled RA by posting a photo of caveman footprints

That on deserved a HOF nomination, well done!

I'ts really my bad for never opening sportjester threads. I missed this gem until just now:

Yes, why do you think I am wearing a tinfoil helmet?  Because I think it's fashionable? Come on, man.  

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Okay, was it sportjester who had the thread about how his research showed that  running like on ostrich or some shit was the best way to run?   That was a quality thread.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Kalsarikännit

We are missing some kind of a Globbie guide to mid-run crapping.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Okay, was it sportjester who had the thread about how his research showed that  running like on ostrich or some shit was the best way to run?   That was a quality thread.

Yes.  I'm sure that's one of the linked ones previously.

And let's not forget "the dude we confuse with sportsjester who was a different dude".... Good ol "Richard" (he has had different derivations of this).  Goes back to coolrunning days.

The weird thing is that I think (though I don't recall and have work to finish) that sportsjester... the dude that cross dresses and challenged me to race him for 100 miles on a treadmill... might actually be named Richard.  But I'm pretty sure just based on writing styles, topics, and the websites associated with them, that "Richard" =/= "sportsjester"

Not to mention "uncertainty is woven into the fabric of the universe."

Runners run

L Train

I'm here to help.  Everybody poops.

Also, even better.

L Train

Also, Globbie's pre-race routine:

1. Run very easy (usually 20~25 minutes)
                        2. Blow mud
                        3. Run easy for another 5~10 minutes, with 3 or 4 race-pace strides of 20 sec or so.  I like to finish this run within 5 minutes of the start.
                        4. Blow mud again if necessary
                        5. Walk around around and stay loose
                        6. Race

Kalsarikännit

I'm here to help.  Everybody poops.

Yes. Best advice ever given here.

Once "movement" is imminent, the trickiest part is finding your OBMPP (Optimal Bowel MovementPrevention Pace). Run too fast, and you hasten your body's process dangerously. Slow down too much, and your system may slow down, but then you're not getting much closer to safety. There's a real delicate balance in finding that pace that will mitigate disaster...

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

False Dichotomy.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

However, "thread of the year" in April... nah.  I think some of this year's just SEEM amazing because they's fresh.  (that said, the railroad running crimes and misdemeanors was fun)

Oh, we're just taking nominations now. This neat little thread will store all nominations until I roll out the thread of the year tournament! This will winnow out the winner. It will take 4 weeks and 64 seperate polling threads beginning in December. You won't miss it because I'll keep myself busy bumping each poll hourly.

I'm just sad I wasn't nominated!  Perhaps all of my "good works" (few as they were) appeared on RWOL, vice RA.

I like the 2 recent contenders, Redbird's "train track felon" thread, and the 14 minute 5K thread.    --- The 14 minute 5K thread was contrived from the start, but the train track felon thread was actual and genuine from the start, so I give a thumbs up (In Eberts honor) to the train track felon thread.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞