do you run marathons without drinking? (Read 1168 times)

DoppleBock

or the spouse / significant other beer mile relay

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Pick a weekend earlier and I could swing it,  We usually make our July plans in February or March ... We also take a shit load of vacation in July

Maybe a kids race should be added with Mt Dew ...

A non running spouses race with beer

and the all star 4x40 ouncer relay 

All of the above are possible.  Weekend is chosen by people willing to commit early.  Except 4x40  DUDE.  You and Beef...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I was just watching a nature video discussing elephants and oryxes doing marathons in the desert. They do it without drinking, a lot of the time.

Here's a helpful tip I picked up -- if you feel tired, ignore it, do not let on, and above all do not drop out of the herd or faint. The lions prowling in the hills are watching.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DoppleBock

Let's face it - 4x12 ounces is still heavily weighted to runners ... 4 x 40 relay would bring drinkers back into the mix 

All of the above are possible.  Weekend is chosen by people willing to commit early.  Except 4x40  DUDE.  You and Beef...

A trip to Indiana next July to run a beer mile with a bunch of RAers.

This would be pretty epic...if this happens I will do what is necessary to be there. 

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

DoppleBock

Maybe when the appleblossoms are in full bloom or at least the dear flys are at their nastiest

seriously - My non-runner wife might actually find this interesting to train for ... beer drinking that is ... I bet she could finish sub 13

Feeling the growl again

This would be pretty epic...if this happens I will do what is necessary to be there. 

It just happened.  Now you will have to wait for 2013.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

It just happened.  Now you will have to wait for 2013.  Smile

More time for me to get faster!

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."