Where did I go Wrong?? (Read 424 times)

Getting marreid and having kids is probably the first thing you did wrong. The running part is pretty well summed up by Spaniel, he seems to know WTF he's talking about.

ckerr1999

I was wondering, when I approached 20 miles I was in excrutiating pain. I guess this is referred to the as "the wall" which caused to run/walk but mostly walk the last 6 miles. So I am assuming the only way to overcome this is to run more miles. I remember how much pain I was in the first time I ran 10 miles. I thought I was going to die. But now 10 miles is a normal run for me. So more weekly mileage and longer long runs will help me over come the pain i experience at 20 miles? Thanks

Haven't started running again. Still having some trouble with my left ankle. I am hoping another week of rest and then start running next weekend. Thanks

I was wondering, when I approached 20 miles I was in excrutiating pain. I guess this is referred to the as "the wall" which caused to run/walk but mostly walk the last 6 miles. So I am assuming the only way to overcome this is to run more miles. I remember how much pain I was in the first time I ran 10 miles. I thought I was going to die. But now 10 miles is a normal run for me. So more weekly mileage and longer long runs will help me over come the pain i experience at 20 miles? Thanks

Haven't started running again. Still having some trouble with my left ankle. I am hoping another week of rest and then start running next weekend. Thanks

Running more miles and longer runs is just one component, but a major one. However, it's still possible to "out run" your fitness by running too fast early on resulting in a crash sometime after mile 18 or so.

While the feeling might be similar to running into a wall, don't think its technically "the wall" as it applies to a marathon, where one is severely depleted of stored glycogen and the body has to switch to burning fat for further progress.  Out running fitness can either bring on fatigue or depletion of glycogen or more likely both.  Hitting the wall I am told brings on a sudden and significant slowdown in pace and not a gradual fade, the latter likely being fatigue.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

The running part is pretty well summed up by Spaniel, he seems to know WTF he's talking about.

+1

8:00 pace.I would have dropped the pacer at mile 1.But, it was just your 2nd marathon.Race and learn.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/