USATF = Dream Crusher (Read 290 times)

I understand what the rules are

You maybe the only one.

The Wisconsin coach in the video in the linked blog post summed it up really well. The USATF should be able to tell everyone in January how many athletes they are taking into the race and what the criteria are. If it's 18 then it's 18. They should publish a list of who's in and who's next in if there are scratches. None of that is written down anywhere. If you have a provisional a.k.a. B standard like these two guys did the process is not the least bit transparent.

Runners run

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I may have misspoke. I've seen the rules and I get them in spirit, but yes they are too vague and open to interpretation and that interpretation is wildly inconsistent, but other than that they're terrible.

I agree, it should be so easy to determine the number of entries, the A and B standards, the current entries and the standbys.

I also think that the USATF should be more invested in nurturing all athletes to improve regardless of sponsorship, but that is hard to quantify and would remain the political practice that it is today.

You maybe the only one.

The Wisconsin coach in the video in the linked blog post summed it up really well. The USATF should be able to tell everyone in January how many athletes they are taking into the race and what the criteria are. If it's 18 then it's 18. They should publish a list of who's in and who's next in if there are scratches. None of that is written down anywhere. If you have a provisional a.k.a. B standard like these two guys did the process is not the least bit transparent.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
      Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?