NY Marathon celebrity runner (Read 570 times)

Uh oh, for those of you running NY this year... you have some serious celebrity competition! LINK: Joan Rivers Roll eyes
      Good for her, I hope she's ready...... Cool
      Join me on a run.
        Rivers, who turns 74 in June, is determined to finish at least half the 26 mile race, which takes place on November 4.
        Why nto just find a half to run? Roll eyes
        2009: BQ?
          Oprah... now Joan Rivers? This may become my only motivation to run a marathon! Evil grin Big grin Is her wacky (odd) daughter going to be there too? It does seem kind of goofy she is just pushing to do half.

Vim

I HATE Joan Rivers. She is one of the most annoying people to ever live. Angry However, if she sparks more people to get out and run, I guess I'll just grin and bear it. After all, it was Oprah that sparked my wife's interest (which sparked my interest).
              I HATE Joan Rivers. She is one of the most annoying people to ever live. Angry However, if she sparks more people to get out and run, I guess I'll just grin and bear it. After all, it was Oprah that sparked my wife's interest (which sparked my interest).
              I just read about Oprah and her running a marathon, somehow in the sheltered life I live, I had no idea that she ran one. It has me thinking of how there might just have to be a marathon in my future...maybe.

Michelle

Check out this list of other "famous" marathoners: List of Marathoners Sheesh, at least I beat Mario from Saved by the Bell...
                  Oh fun! Wow, that was a nice boost! Big grin
                  2009: BQ?

Imminent Catastrophe

Rivers, who turns 74 in June, is determined to finish at least half the 26 mile race, which takes place on November 4.
                    Well, I hope she gets a "celebrity" entry, and she's not taking away someone else's chance in the lottery, who actually plans to run the whole way. Like me.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Prophet!

David Lee Roth ran one....nice!!!

Prophet!

David Lee Roth ran one....nice!!! its so nice...i'd like to the same thing twice...

madness baby

Check out this list of other "famous" marathoners: List of Marathoners Sheesh, at least I beat Mario from Saved by the Bell...
                          Ha ha! My roommate that year met him a met him at a bar the weekend before that Boston marathon. Apparently he's a complete jerk, too. No, I take that back. An absolute asshat (that is so stolen from K. . . thanks girl!) THanks for the link, because I know I beat the 311 singer this year at LA. Woohooo! Smile
                          deb