Any reason to use the paid version of Motion Based? (Read 690 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just wondering what the advantages are and if it's worth it. Thanks! Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No. The main reason is that you can access all your workouts. Instead, I just logout, then search for my username. Voila, I can see all my workouts...
        That only works if you don't have your workouts marked private - so remember to uncheck that box.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

No. I really don't see the value in using Motionbased at all anyway. For over a month, I uploaded all my runs to GTC, Motion Based, and SportTracks. Except for elevation profiles, I haven't found any features in MB (that I care about) that aren't easier to get to or done just as well or better in GTC or SportTracks. I've stopped using MB unless I want an elevation profile. I will probably stop uploading to GTC soon - I'm liking SportTracks more the more I use it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I haven't seen one. They say you have these customized reports and analysis, but I have a hard seeing the $95/year value in that, especially when this site does all that for free and with no ads.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Definitely looks like there's no compelling reason to upgrade, esp when this site does everything I need when it comes to reporting. One MB question: any way to export data in excel/CSV format? If there is, I missed it. (They export in GPX, HST, and CRS). I know you can do CSV from the Garmin Training Center, but I really need the elevation correction that MB Gravity does. My everyday route is an out-and-back. If elevation is accurate, the profile would be symmetrical, like this corrected one shown below from yesterday's run: I don't have an uncorrected one, but trust me, it wasn't very close to being symmetrical due to elevation error, so I count on the correction that MB applies to the data.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.