2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

jpdeaux

several dry heaves . . . 12 miles

That's dedication!

npaden

12.5 miles today keeping the streak rolling.

Hit my December mileage goal today, I wasn't sand bagging, this is my most miles in December ever although still a long way from my highest mileage month the rest of the year.

Still have to get through next week with the Christmas ski vacation, I've never kept the streak going through that before.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

GinnyinPA

Day 28, 6.8 chilly miles.

joescott

That's dedication!

Yeah, like almost none of the rest of us has.  Ojo is tougher than most Marines.  When she says, "My streak goes on", she doesn't mean this piddly little thing that the rest of us are doing between Thanksgiving and New Year's, she means something like thousands of days.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

npaden

Yeah, like almost none of the rest of us has.  Ojo is tougher than most Marines.  When she says, "My streak goes on", she doesn't mean this piddly little thing that the rest of us are doing between Thanksgiving and New Year's, she means something like thousands of days.

And the thing that is also super impressive to me is that her streak isn't made up of long stretches of 1 or 2 mile days.  An average of 6.4 miles per day for 1,238 days!!  Amazing.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

jfa

That is amazing. I don't know how she does it. I have a good friend that has run at least 2 miles for over 7 years. He even kept it going through a bout of mononucleosis. Incomprehensible to me. As soon as I commit to any consecutive daily streak for any time, my body plays all kinds of weird tricks on me. Cramps, tightness, phantom pains and such just scare the crap out of me.

So the consecutive day thingy isn't working so much.

But I'm getting the miles in

143 logged towards 200 mile goal.

justrundan

Day 21, 8.2 miles

Dan

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A 6.5 mile run this morning, then 1/3 mile with each of the grandpups, then another 6.5 tonight. Couldn't do my usual Saturday long run 'cause needed to get some post office business done before noon. Happy Solstice everybody! The days will be getting longer from now on. Smile

jpdeaux

The days will be getting longer from now on. Smile

That's why today's my favorite day of the year.

Another 8 (curiously difficult) miles today.

Ojo

Thank you for all the kind words.  I know a lot of people think streaking is crazy, but, for me, it is just who I am.  I run every day the same way you brush your teeth or do any other daily activity.  It has made me stronger and happier, and that is what is important.  My family supports me, which is also very important.  Some days are hard but for the most part every day has a good start.  This year has been a particularly good year -- besides turning 50, I had a marathon and 100 mile PR. 

And today's run was wonderful despite my slight hangover . . . 6 miles with lightly falling snow.

Sara

MM #2929

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

My favorite day of the as well.

2 more miles with an achy back.  101 miles streak to date.

Ojo, you're an inspiration.

I'm not happy with this week's mileage. Weekends are always difficult for me because of the nature of my work (I usually work when other people are free and have time for me to take their pictures) and this one was especially hard. The streak is alive, but not really kicking with two minimums in three days. It should get better tomorrow.

GinnyinPA

Day 29 - a 17.3 mile long run kicked the monthly mileage up.  I may make my December goal after all.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Day 29 - a 17.3 mile long run kicked the monthly mileage up.  I may make my December goal after all.

Nice run, Ginny.

cjervin

Great job everyone!

5.2 miles today to extend the streak to 25 days. This has more than doubled my previous streak.  I'm falling further behind the pace bunny though for the mileage.  I may have to run an ultra on New Year's Eve to get there.