New Shoes! (Read 695 times)

My son just called me from home to tell me that a package arrived for me. He opened it (after I said he could) and inside were a pair of brand new New Balance 767 Stabilizers - blue and white! Sent with love, from my aunt. And it's not even my birthday. Maybe I should drop some hints about wanting a Garmin. Big grin Anyone else run with this shoe? This will be my second pair, I really like them.

Michelle

I think zoomers does. I've never even thought of trying NB. Hmmmmm maybe I should! Oh ask your aunt if she needs another niece Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, that's the shoe I ran in all Winter--only the "all weather" model. Worked great for me until I was running on more stable ground, again, then it was a little too flexible for me (my PF/arch issues started while wearing those...even a new pair didn't help, unfortunately). I love how lightweight they are, though. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Bear_poop wears them, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My aunt buys me all of my running shoes, but usually just when they head up to Maine to the NB outlet. This was totally unexpected, since they aren't in Maine right now! I've never ventured from NB shoes, only because I'm not the one buying them. I do look at other shoes but haven't been convinced to switch yet. I have a pair of Trail Shoes, but they are pretty old. I'll pull them out from retirement to run the trail race (with rockenmamof5) later this month.

Michelle

I used to be a die hard NB person, but I gave Asics a try last year and I am hooked. But, I guess our feet are different and each to his or her own.
              If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
              PWL

Has been

My aunt buys me all of my running shoes, but usually just when they head up to Maine to the NB outlet. This was totally unexpected, since they aren't in Maine right now!
                The New Balance outlet is about 40 minutes north of me! They have great stuff there--the wife and I rock the outlet a couple of times a year. One of the benefits of living in Maine! Cool

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

One of the benefits of living in Maine! Cool
                  Right up there with the L.L. Bean store in Freeport. That place is Awe. Some. Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.