Chicago 2013 Registration (Read 196 times)

I was able to get in with only a few refreshes. I used Chrome if that helps. I have  heard others online say that the browser made a difference.

Mysecondnewname

There's now a note on the B of A Marathon page itself:

Online Registration for The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please check back and we'll re-open as soon as possible.

Guess I'll try later.

I remember reading on a few sites the last few days where it was predicted that Chicago would sell out fast. I wonder if this is mostly (or at least partially) a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I just tried it and it seems ok.

tempocharlie

Hah.  I'm in.  I think.  My payment is still being processed, but it's been almost an hour now.  I'm able to view my registration online, so that's a good sign.  No email yet though.

Mysecondnewname

I must have missed the brief launch window because now there's this on the marathon registration page:

Registration

Registration for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon has been temporarily suspended due to system-wide technical issues on the part of our registration provider Active.com. Once the issue has been resolved, we will reopen registration. Please note that the 2013 Chicago Marathon has not yet sold out, and we will provide a registration update as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Mysecondnewname

One thing that might help was if the site would update a running count of registrations.  This might stop the stampede if people knew there were still 20,000 slots left.  (Either that, or they would panic and say: "Oh, No!  Only 20,000 spots left!")

chubacca

For those wondering, I finally got my registration confirmation e-mail around 4:16 PM -- about 1:45 after I registered.

Oh wow, people are going to lose their minds over this, particularly if they don't give plenty of advance warning for when registration will reopen.

CalBears

I am in too. I checked the confirmation page to see if they had my info - they did. And the bank has pending transaction of $175. But even now, 4 hours after I registered, I still don't have a confirmation email.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Keep trying.  You'll get in eventually!  You just have to outlast everyone else.

It's an endurance event.

Feeling the growl again

I must have missed the brief launch window because now there's this on the marathon registration page:

Registration

Registration for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon has been temporarily suspended due to system-wide technical issues on the part of our registration provider Active.com

Perhaps ActiveSara will process everyone's entries personally...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Outside Lane

Perhaps ActiveSara will process everyone's entries personally...

Active still sucks!

See how they run...

Mysecondnewname

Oh wow, people are going to lose their minds over this, particularly if they don't give plenty of advance warning for when registration will reopen.

You know, for some reason, I feel pretty sanguine about the whole thing (Am I allowed to use the word, "sanguine", on RA? Smile).

I'd feel a lot more frustration if I was trying to register for Boston.

You know, for some reason, I feel pretty sanguine about the whole thing (Am I allowed to use the word, "sanguine", on RA? Smile).

Perspective is everything.

Feeling the growl again

Well it's a good thing BAA would never let something like this happen..... Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills