I'm going to tweak my diet tomorrow. (Read 297 times)

JustLikeJF

After I got healthy again I thought I could just eat what I wanted and I can, weight is no longer a problem. I still watch my intake but I eat everything except meat I've been a vegetarian for ten years. That's all going to change though tomorrow. Eating perfect will be the rule and not the exception. It's almost like since I've started running my body requires it. I'm really looking forward to this and seeing where it takes me.

Except for the rare treat eating perfect is my new lifestyle. Approve

My supplements are and have been for years: CLA, Omega 3, 6, and 9 and a multi. What are yours ??

Mmmmm...beer

The only thing I take is a multi, but I'm in a similar position.  I dropped 85lbs last year and have maintained my weight for almost a year now, but I want more.  Right now, I eat what I want, all in moderation, but I know that if I clean it up a bit, I can drop some more fat and reach my goal of having a six pack by next summer.  I know that it's an arbitrary goal, driven mostly by vanity, altho there should be some improvement to my running by dropping some more weight.  But never having had visible abs in my life, I just want to prove to myself that I can do it.  Just have to rededicate myself to it.  Marathon training over the fall/winter will definitely help, that is if I can keep the hunger in check from the increased mileage.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Eating perfect sounds like it would be too hard to maintain. I go for eating pretty good. And I don't take any supplements--don't see a point.

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I try to eat a variety of whole foods and not many processed foods.  Mostly.

No supplements.

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think it's impossible to know what constitutes a "perfect" diet.  In fact, what's ideal for building or recovering muscles may not be perfect for something else, say immune system health, or digestion, or accompanying your favorite beer in front of the football game.

sugnim

So, what is "eating perfect?"

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Wow, there is no way I will ever have a perfect diet. I keep trying for better.

Diet starts Monday.

And to the OP's question, my sports doc put me on prescription Vitamin D, apparently the 4 months of grey skies here in NE Ohio leave many of us a bit deficient in the Vit D department, the prescription is up, but I do take the over the counter Vit D supplement occasionally.

I also supplement with the occasional Harpoon IPA.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Screw perfect real food.  Costs too much.  Too much work.  Tastes like slime mold.  George Jetson had it right.

Not recommending it.  Just wish science would catch up with my fantasy.  Though, Rosie did make a mean pineapple upside down cake.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I try to eat very well when I am alone, and loosen the reigns when I am with friends.  Also, if someone took the trouble to cook something for me, I eat it.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I try to eat very well when I am alone, and loosen the reigns when I am with friends.  Also, if someone took the trouble to cook something for me, I eat it.

+1 from a contextual veterinarian:  holy prasad, man.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

JustLikeJF

So, what is "eating perfect?"

I guess it's more of a saying but for me it would include things like lemon juice instead of salad dressing, no sugar (that's fairly easy), no bread or baked goods, only complex carbs, a nice balance between carbs and lean protein (I weight train 5 days a week in addition to running), low salt,a moderate amount of filtered water, no snacking in between meals etc, etc.

12-week layoff

I'm no expert, but I have read that you need some fat with your salad to absorb the nutrients in your greens. So in this case, only lemon juice wouldn't be perfect, unless you are adding seeds, nuts, or another source of healthful fat to your salad.

sugnim

I guess it's more of a saying but for me it would include things like lemon juice instead of salad dressing, no sugar (that's fairly easy), no bread or baked goods, only complex carbs, a nice balance between carbs and lean protein (I weight train 5 days a week in addition to running), low salt,a moderate amount of filtered water, no snacking in between meals etc, etc.

Interesting.  I eat similarly to that (though I gave up vegetarianism after 13 years of it), but I do think that some fat (especially on the salad) is good for you.  So, I do lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and garlic.  Also, as a runner, I find that some simple carbs as well as some salt after a long run makes me feel much healthier.  That's just me, though.  Everyone is different.  I have to ask though, what's up with the no bread thing?  Bread doesn't have to be unhealthy.

drrbradford