^%(^*%$%# Run! (Read 884 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Phew, I feel better, now. With the exception of my race on Sat. all of my runs in the last week+ have sucked ass. Today I ended up walking at least a full 3rd of my 4 miles. Bah. Yesterday was a little stiff and achey, today was worse. And my outer right arch is extra POd. Tomorrow I won't run and Friday I think I will use my most stable shoes to help my arch. Of course, that will probably PO my shins. Stupid flat feet. Am I the only one having a string of crappy runs (as opposed to runny craps...that's a different topic entirely)? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

ZZ, Ok, so you wear the NB 767, 857, and 1222. 767 and 857 are stability shoes, 1222 is considered a stability+ shoe according to roadrunner.com). But you say you have low arches; that site guides you to motion control rather than stability shoes for that situation. Might be something to look into. I am struggling to refrain from addressing the crappy run / runny crap part of your post. Clowning around Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

I had the WORST run yesterday running with my fast girlfriend. I begged her to go ahead and when she was out of view, I walked! My calves hurt, my knee was stiff, and I probably should have had a rest day. I ran a 5K on Sat (26:23) which is fast for me and took a day off. then on Mon a 7 mile slow run which did not feel all that great. I need to get in the zone again and I am not feeling that! Should I take the day off or see if today is the day I feel great? You are definitely not alone!
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I actually tried a couple of motion control shoes a while back and did not like how they fit my feet--my arches are on the flat side, but not completely flat (yet). My 1222s are definitely my favorite shoes--lighter weight, more cushioned, and not as stiff as the 857 (which NB calls a "high stability" shoe and it really looks a lot like a motion control shoe, especially through the heel). The 767s are nice and lightweight, but definitely my least stable shoes. The annoying thing is that my arch issues were almost completely gone on Sat., but now have returned. I may be talking to your podiatrist friend yet. I'm starting to wonder if orthotics might be in my future. I may give some sort of arch wrap a try, too, at least on my right foot. I swear, 90% of the nagging issues I have had over the last year have been with my right leg or foot. My left leg and foot just plugs along and obediently does whatever I ask... My left leg is a dog, righty is a cat, apparently. k

~ Sarah Kay

My problem is the 80 degree weather Angry I had planned on doing hills today, but with dh not being able to run with me and the heat I totally said screw it and did 5 easy miles. Course I felt dehydrated the whole time Angry Angry Angry Modified to add I guess I feel they are sucky do to how running in the hot sun feels like. I'm more of somewhere around the 50's kind of woman!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I need to get in the zone again and I am not feeling that! Should I take the day off or see if today is the day I feel great? You are definitely not alone!
              Yeah, I think I should probably be taking this post-race week earlier, too...but after 2 weeks of taper I am goin' kinda nuts! And I'm trying to get the scale moving downwards again, too, but not being able to run as much as I would like is not helping matters...Argghhhh....

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My problem is the 80 degree weather Angry I had planned on doing hills today, but with dh not being able to run with me and the heat I totally said screw it and did 5 easy miles. Course I felt dehydrated the whole time Angry Angry Angry
                Just wait--we had a 25º drop between yesterday and today! I think it's coming your way, too... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

We can only hope!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I may be talking to your podiatrist friend yet.
                    Well, I've got some nice things to say about him in that "perfect training partner" thread. Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

WOOOOHOOOOOO forcast tomorrow is high of 68. Looks like hills are on! That or a 10 miler.

PWL

Has been

I actually tried a couple of motion control shoes a while back and did not like how they fit my feet--my arches are on the flat side, but not completely flat (yet). My 1222s are definitely my favorite shoes--lighter weight, more cushioned, and not as stiff as the 857 (which NB calls a "high stability" shoe and it really looks a lot like a motion control shoe, especially through the heel). The 767s are nice and lightweight, but definitely my least stable shoes. The annoying thing is that my arch issues were almost completely gone on Sat., but now have returned. I may be talking to your podiatrist friend yet. I'm starting to wonder if orthotics might be in my future. k
                        If you like the 1222, you should try the Saucony Grid Hurricane. Also, there are a bunch of good over-the-counter orthotics that might help as well. New Balance has a Stability insole which seems to have worked for some of my lower-arched friends as has the Lynco L420 posted sport orthotic. Hope you feel better! Smile

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

To change topics… I need to mention that I am liking the theme of the females on this forum showing body parts as their avatar. Please keep it coming! OK back to the topic at hand… what ever it is. db
                          Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you like the 1222, you should try the Saucony Grid Hurricane. Also, there are a bunch of good over-the-counter orthotics that might help as well. New Balance has a Stability insole which seems to have worked for some of my lower-arched friends as has the Lynco L420 posted sport orthotic. Hope you feel better! Smile
                            Oh, I may look into that OTC orthotic. And that shoe is intriguing...cheaper than the 1222 and still comes in wide widths. *sigh* as much as I love my NBs for their "wides in every style," I think in the next month or so I might go spend ample time at a really great running store an hour away to see if there might be another shoe in wide width that would work for me. I do know that my selection is still going to be limited. Why can't every manufacturer make wide shoes? k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

To change topics… I need to mention that I am liking the theme of the females on this forum showing body parts as their avatar. Please keep it coming! OK back to the topic at hand… what ever it is. db
                              I think you guys need to follow suit! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I do know that my selection is still going to be limited. Why can't every manufacturer make wide shoes? k
                                Asics make wide shoes Big grin