thread pix? (Read 878 times)

thumbs up!

Not sure this is the right place to ask, but How do I get a cute photo to show up when I post a comment on a thread? I have one when my profile is viewed...
    2010 Goals
    1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
    2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
    3. sub 30 min 5k
    4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
      I'm not the best at explaining things, and there may be an easier way but what I do is... 1. Right click on the picture you want to post 2. Select properties 3. Copy the URL address 4. In post first click on the FORMATING icon with the mountains and the sun (the last one) 5. Paste the picture URL address in the middle of the IMG format line

Michelle

COOL! Thanks Michelle!! I've never done it that way

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

If it's a personal photo you will have to save it to a site like Photobucket.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

If it's a personal photo you will have to save it to a site like Photobucket.
            Right, or like Myspace (which is what I do). BTW - Sorry for the spam Pam, it wasn't me! Blush

Michelle

Right, or like Myspace (which is what I do). BTW - Sorry for the spam Pam, it wasn't me! Blush
              lol didn't think so, just figured I'd let ya know that somehow your myspace was sending it out.

Sounds like you are referring to an avatar (like my tired turtle)? If so, click Options in the top right of any RunningAHEAD page. Click the link for Forum Preferences to display the following: I think you can paste in the URL of the pic on RA (which is http://runningahead.com/image.aspx?a=4f339212-62e4-475f-b150-f8f625024a69) but if not just click the Browse button to locate it on your PC. While you are there, you can create a signature (Beer is proof...) for your posts too.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

thumbs up!

Thank you! It was the "avatar", which I never even noticed before. What a dork. I'm even a web page designer.
                  2010 Goals
                  1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                  2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                  3. sub 30 min 5k
                  4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
                    Ohhhhhhhh. Now I see what you were asking. Big grin

Michelle

I can't get the avatar thing to work again. I downloaded one pic (see me at left!!), but can't seem to get back to the spot where you can pick the avatars you've saved. ??? Confused

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Lazy idiot

It's my understanding that you can only have one uploaded at a time. You can't load a bunch and switch back and forth. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Tick tock

It's my understanding that you can only have one uploaded at a time. You can't load a bunch and switch back and forth.
                          I believe this is true, but some folks switch from boxed wine to bunny butts so often that it confuses the hell out of me. I'm not naming names, but you could ask Mrs Bunny Butt for advice. Wink BTW, great pic Penny, is that your pupper?

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I change my avatar often. I have a folder in my computer with a bunch of pictures that I like to pick from. I don't know about saving them within RA.

Michelle

Member Since 2008

Thanks guys, I figured after about a year it was time to change my pix also.

Another Passion

I change my avatar often. I have a folder in my computer with a bunch of pictures that I like to pick from. I don't know about saving them within RA.
                                Michelle changes avatars more than I change underwear. Tongue

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com