profile (Read 516 times)

Would like to put my age in my profile without submitting my birth date. You get my name, with my birth date, it is too much personal ID Thanks
    Age is not an illusion
      Joe I don't think your birth date shows to others once you enter your profile. If you look at others profiles you'll see what I mean. Only their age shows.
      WHO FARTLEK"D ?
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Yeah. Eric uses it so that the computer can automatically keep up with our ages as we grow older and older and older.... Sad

Roads were made for journeys...

I what I worry about is that the data is not on a secure server, and the data is there someplace for someone to hack into, or some employee to trade with. In my mind he doesn't need the B date. I can just as easily enter my age myself.
          Age is not an illusion
          Wingz

Professional Noob

I see what you're saying. I'm not too familiar with what it takes to be a "secure server." I don't think you have to worry about "some employee" messing with the stuff since this is a one-man hobby website, believe it or not!!! By the way, you don't have to put your birthday in the profile. If you want to show your age, you can type it in under the "about me" section.

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Would like to put my age in my profile without submitting my birth date. You get my name, with my birth date, it is too much personal ID Thanks
              Joe, The site only requires you to provide an email and password. It doesn't even check if you provided a legitimate email so you can type in anything you want, but you'll be on your own if you ever lose your password. Everything else is completely optional. On the profile page, the short paragraph up top says: By creating a profile, you allow others to get a sense of who you are. You can fill out as much or as little as you wish. Please be mindful of privacy issues. Since all fields are completely optional, do not enter anything that you do not want a stranger to know!
              vicentefrijole

A simple way to avoid the trouble is to enter a date that is pretty close to your actual BD (in the same year, within a few months), but isn't the correct one. That way, the age is almost always correct and you don't have to worry about identity theft. Now is everyone happy? Big grin Wink