How do you ladies keep shorts from riding up? (Read 430 times)

Rungry!

I like the Roadrunner Sports 7" Inspiration short. My thighs are huge, so I keep them covered so that I don't scare the children.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL1135/

Jen

Treadmill Addict

I'm 5'2, and about 135lbs. Even when I was at my ideal weight, around 115-120, shorts ALWAYS ride up in my crotch. Even the looser ones that you posted the link to would ride up. So my advice is to wear the compression style shorts. It's the only type I can wear, unless I want a sore chafed crotch from running with fabric bunched up the whole way. Plus it looks ugly all bunched up.

Here are the ones I love-

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL990/

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here are the ones I love-

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL990/

I see 8 and 10" ones, too.  May have to give these a try.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ojo

Brooks (and some others) make a 2 in 1 short.  I particularly like the Brooks because the liner stays put and does not ride up at all.  Even the outer pair stays puts.

Sara

MM #2929

Julia1971

I like these shorts for not chafing in humid weather: http://www.amazon.com/Brooks-Womens-Epiphany-Boy-Short/dp/B007RVUKUK The grippers are nice. I feel like my Under Armour compression shorts without them always ride up a little. I know the inseam looks short, but at least for me it covers the area where I would usually chafe wearing shorts.

I had the opposite impression.  I'm switching over to shorty-shorts and bought a few pairs that were in the 3.5-4" inseam region.  I tried these on when they arrived and they seem to cut much higher than the others.  I haven't run in them though - I was actually planning to return them but at this point it might be too late - so I really can't speak to whether they'd bunch up or not.

Off to check Brooks' return policy to see if I own these shorts now...

Here's my public service announcement regarding compression-type shorts...wear undies if the seams aren't flat.  Learn from my mistake Surprised

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

erininnashville

Keep pulling the bitches down ... and it looks vulgar every time - but i don't care

You just can't argue with that logic. : )

A Saucy Wench

Brooks (and some others) make a 2 in 1 short.  I particularly like the Brooks because the liner stays put and does not ride up at all.  Even the outer pair stays puts.

But I had the WORST ride up with these.  I think it really is trial and error for what fits your body and gait.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

erininnashville

Thank you guys so much! I went and tried on my fiance's compression shorts and, sure enough, I can run with them alone (and undies...learning from others' mistakes). I was worried about my thighs looking giant, but considering the yoga running pants already showed it all, I'm not really scaring anyone any more than I already have.

Thanks for all of the great input, y'all!

keeponrunning

I was just thinking of starting a thread on this, funny timing (must be the heat causing us all to chafe)

I just ordered a skort (yikes! can't believe I did that!) and 7" compression shorts with grippers.  Hopefully they'll work, cause I only have 2 pairs at the moment that don't cause major problems.  Black eye

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Julia1971

I was worried about my thighs looking giant, but considering the yoga running pants already showed it all, I'm not really scaring anyone any more than I already have.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Unless you're in an area where you get a lot of street harassment, no one is going to take notice of your thighs long enough to care.  They're too busy pondering their own problems and trying to get where they need to go.  If anything, I would say you've been drawing more attention to yourself by running in yoga pants in the summer.  Jogger in shorts=normal.  Jogger in yoga pants in the summer=scary enough to do a double-take.  Smile