Android Application that Integrates with RunningAHEAD (Read 2477 times)

That looks really cool.  I don't think I'd make a good beta tester for this phase since I don't run with my phone but I'd be happy to test the RA integration when you get to that point.

I'm on an HTC Eris (Verizon's version of the Hero) which currently runs Android 1.5 though rumors of 2.1 being pushed to the Eris are running rampant.

Ditto. Happy to test the app out but I don't run with my Eris.

The shirtless wonder

I didn't realize this at first...  The app is on Android Market.  Smile  I assumed it wasn't there because Derek said it wasn't released yet.

Greg

fredfinn

Yeah that's where I found. I did a search for Running Ahead to see if they had made an app, and found it.
        fredfinn

This thing is really buggy! Last week it recorded my run as 35.11 miles with a time of 01:05:22. The time was right but the run was 7.3 miles. I can assure everyone that I don't run a 01:51. I think I'm going to have to abandon this for endomondo.com.

The shirtless wonder

fredfinn:

He states very clearly that the app is under development.  It's not expected to be working just yet.

eric :)

From what I understand, Derek is nearly the completion of the first release.  I do not know of the exact release date.  Maybe he can chime in on this.
              AXes

Just downloaded the 1.0 release and it worked well in a quick non-running test.  Will try it tomorrow and compare to my Garmin.

mta:  This is on a Motorola Droid running Android 2.0.  In the beta release I was getting a Falied to Connect to RA error.

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

derek

This thing is really buggy! Last week it recorded my run as 35.11 miles with a time of 01:05:22. The time was right but the run was 7.3 miles. I can assure everyone that I don't run a 01:51. I think I'm going to have to abandon this for endomondo.com.

Just saw your post.....The accuracy and usefullness of the GPS is definitely an issue and a lot depends on the kind of signal you have.  You may have noticed I created 2 versions of the app, one with GPS and one without.  One motivating factor for creating the two version is that I'm not sure how long I will actually continue to have a GPS version.  A lot depends on how other make out with it.

The GPS works "most" times, but it does occasionally give you a distance that's way off (like the 35 miles).  That happens when the starting location is way off and eventually gets accurate as you're running.

Derek

Outside Lane

... I'm not sure how long I will actually continue to have a GPS version.  A lot depends on how other make out with it.

I think the GPS version is absolutely great!  Without the GPS functionality, I'm afraid that the app doesn't have much value (at least to me).  Just being able to log a run from my phone is nice - but I log on to RA for the forums too!  The GPS functionality provides me with something that I just can't get from RA on its own.

See how they run...

The lite app is great to be able to enter a run and see recent runs.  One problem I am running into though is with the recent workouts data.  While the data is correct, the dates of the workouts are off by 6 weeks or so.  RA is showing the correct dates, but app is not - it is showing dates in May for July runs.

I realize I'm bumping an old thread, but after searching about audio integration this post showed up.  I was curious if audio alerts (eg. pacing/distance cues) was still being planned.  This is a common feature on other running apps and I find it very useful.  Thanks again for creating this great free app!

Russ

I have the same question as Russ...

Until now, I was using CardioTrainer - and manually entering my data to RunningAhead afterwards, because here I started logging my runs, and I want to keep them all together. Besides, the site is just great.

But what I like about CardioTrainer were the audio cues about my distance/pace/time.

Running in Belgium
                          Ann

moynk

I use this Handy Runner app for Android with my Droid.  i've run with it.  It had some very occasional bugs in which the distance ttransalation did not correspond with the distance actually run.  I actually had not focused on the ability to download RA data without using the GPS.  I'll try it.  However, I do like RA on my windows laptop via the web. 

protoplasm72

Any chance this app is going to work with the new training plan feature?  I'd love to be able to make it send me a notification in the morning so I know what run is scheduled.  At the very least it would be nice to have an easy way to view my plan from my phone so I don't have to open the computer up in the morning before I run. 

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson