Stupid Forerunner 305 Questions (Read 629 times)

So I am the luckiest girl ever and got a Garmin Forerunner 305 for graduation. And so far, I love it. I'm just getting into all the features, and for now have just one question, but I'm sure I will have more later. The pesky reset button. I run, I stop the run, I want to record a new workout. I press the reset button and hold it and it will reset the timer and when I press start, a new workout will begin recording, but the previous workout will be stored for later computer uploading, correct? I know this seems like a ridiculous question, but so far, I've been connecting the 305 to the computer after each run so it resets itself. I'm just wondering what to do if I'm out of town and want to log a few runs. I could just try it out, but well, I don't want to delete a workout by accident!

Prophet!

yup...as long as you hold the reset button for the 3..2..1..reset count, it will save the workout. I can't exactly remember how many workouts it will store but its a lot...
        Like Steve mentioned, they store a lot of workouts - I regularly keep several weeks on mine - I normally start deleting them after that as I'm impatient and it starts making the upload take longer Big grin Don't worry about deleting workouts (except by actually deleting them). The worst thing that can happen is if you forget to reset, you could end up with 2 workouts "glued" together i.e. I ended up with 2 runs stuck together from 2 different days. Took me a bit to find the second run, but now that I know, its not a big deal, and I just try harder to remember to hit reset before running.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

The worst thing that can happen is if you forget to reset, you could end up with 2 workouts "glued" together i.e. I ended up with 2 runs stuck together from 2 different days. Took me a bit to find the second run, but now that I know, its not a big deal, and I just try harder to remember to hit reset before running.
          SportTracks can "unglue" a workout that gets tacked on to another one.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.