Updated Options page (Read 418 times)

eric :)

There were some data inconsistencies with some of the accounts.  I've corrected the problem.  Please try uploading your profile picture again.

Mr MattM

I haven't been able to figure this out... on IE8 from the office I can't change the tabs on the Account Profile section.  When I click Forums, the browser URL chages to https://www.runningahead.com/options/account_info#forums but it doesn't do anything.  When I click My Profile the browser URL changes to https://www.runningahead.com/options/account_info#my_profile but it doesn't do anything.  Weird... *scratching my head*

be curious; not judgmental

Mr MattM

Ah... simple answer after all.  I didn't realize that I was defaulting to 'compatibility mode' on the site.  After switching off compatiblity mode it works fine.

eric :)

Mr MattM,

Thank you for looking into this.  I haven't dealt with compatibility problems in a long time so it slipped my mind.  Does it always go into compatibility mode automatically for the Options page?  I think it does the same thing for the training plan editor page but I don't understand why it decides to do that.  As far as I know, the HTML is conformant to the standard.

eric Smile

There were some data inconsistencies with some of the accounts.  I've corrected the problem.  Please try uploading your profile picture again.

Nice, now it's ok. I could upload my profile picture.

Thank a lot!

Concerning the password (error saying I didn't enter my new password even though I wasn't trying to change my password) I have noticed that in Firefox, the "old password" input text is filled (maybe it's a firefox feature and maybe I had asked firefox to remind my password?). Anyway, if the "old password" field is not empty, I have the obligation to fill the "new password", even if I just want to submit the "my profile" tab (and not the "basic info" tab...)...

Lionel

Mr MattM

Mr MattM,

Thank you for looking into this.  I haven't dealt with compatibility problems in a long time so it slipped my mind.  Does it always go into compatibility mode automatically for the Options page?  I think it does the same thing for the training plan editor page but I don't understand why it decides to do that.  As far as I know, the HTML is conformant to the standard.

eric Smile

No, it just saves whatever the setting is at the time I shut down the browser.  Because of where the compatibility button is located I have inadverantly hit it in the past.  I suspect that's what I did in this case some time ago, and just didn't notice.  On some sites, IE8 will crash and auto-recover in compatibility mode, but I don't recall that ever happening here.