It's a sign! (Read 602 times)

Finished!

So I'm running my last "training" run today before my race on Saturday (whoo hoo! First Race! LOL - I can't believe how excited I am about it - it's like a drug, I tell you!) Anyhow, as I'm coming up towards the home stretch of the run, the song Pro>Gen by the Shamen came up on my iPod... The Lyrics, for those that don't care to google Smile are: " I will not Fail nor Falter I shall Succeed My Perception is Altered I do Believe Faith is so Strong Now Nothing shall Bar my way Firm Conviction is no Fiction This is my Day I can Move Move Move Any Mountain..... ... I Walk so Tall Ascending I Stand so High Earth Below me Revolving Above the Sky I Feel no Fear To be here is oh so fine Shining Brightly Like Sunlight Inside my Mind Well You Know that any Mountain Is Capable of Moving The Shamen and The New Generation they Are Proving You can be what You want to be Let your soul and your body and your mind Be Free Ain't nothing in the world that can hold us back Write down a lyric put it down on wax We can rock and take it straight to the top With an attitude that's right and can't be stopped Set your mind on what you want and you can go higher Put detailed thought into every desire Believe in yourself you know what you'll find There is no "can't" in a trouble-free mind One of a kind, We all are that And going all the way is where I'm at With delivery smooth like water from a fountain That's why I can move Any Mountain Move Any Mountain... ...Future Feeling new sensation Body is rockin and the mind is reeling And Rolling racing changing motion Flowing like a river into the Ocean Better get yourself ready For the next transition 'Cos the time is right for a new vibration My Vision one nation one Tribe One day'll come the might to Move Any Mountain..." Course, now I have the song stuck in my head...but oh well Big grin ps. today's pace was the 2nd best I've ever run - and it was windy and cold (relatively Wink ) out pps. if any of you want the song stuck in your head too, you can click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr5Rpzms58g for a You Tube video
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, I need an iPod. I think music would be very motivating. First thing I would do is get that program that allows organizing files in iTunes by BPM. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

lol - I go between listening to DJ Steveboy podcasts with set BPMs to listening to my entire library of running appropriate tunes - that library isn't organized by BPM, and surprsingly I don't find that annoying at all - I just go from one song to the next relatively happily zoned out Smile (well zoned out but still plenty aware of the traffic and strangely aware of what the various wildlife I see is doing)
        Walk + Jog = wog.
        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Love those lyrics! There are certainly worse songs you could have stuck in your head during a race... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

lol - I go between listening to DJ Steveboy podcasts with set BPMs to listening to my entire library of running appropriate tunes - that library isn't organized by BPM, and surprsingly I don't find that annoying at all - I just go from one song to the next relatively happily zoned out Smile
            That's what I was wondering...if a variety of BPM on one playlist would cause issues. Though I guess varying pace during a single workout could actually be a good thing. I'm sure my pace naturally varies more than I am aware of. I'd love to run with a Garmin Forerunner from time-to-time (but not enough to want to spend the $$ on one when I have this place to map and log my runs) to really see what I'm doing on a typical run.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I bet it depends on your brain. On long runs with a too-high BPM mix, I find I'm listening to the music but running to a different drummer... Until I catch myself and either change the music to a slower mix or intentionally speed up...

Roads were made for journeys...

Prophet!

i wonder what the BPM is for good polka music
                jorgea

Spam

Well, if music doesn't help them, there's always spam!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

L Train

Leonard Bernstein!

i wonder what the BPM is for good polka music

I invented a game, in case you wanna play.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I just lost the game.

runlikeagirI

OK, this made me honestly laugh out loud.

Leonard Bernstein!