Importing Garmin F305 entries tagged as MultiSport (Read 1377 times)

Magicman

Ran a duathlon two weekends ago and have a couple of runs since on my Garmin. The runs since (and the runs before) the race import fine - but the entries from the race do not. During the race, I switched the mode on the Garmin from run to bike back to run, and all the data looks correct on the device. Any ideas why it won't import into RA?
    eric :)

jomagicman, Could you contact me via the feedback form so I can obtain a copy of the tcx file from you? Thanks! eric :-)
      ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Any update on this issue?

I just got the 310XT and the only workouts that don't upload are the ones when I am in multisport mode.  I can uplad to GTC and Sport Tracks just fin but not RA.

thanks!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
        My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
        Ride 112 miles.
        Run 26.2 miles.
        Then brag for the rest of your life.
        -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Tri-Kev,

I have a 305 and was not able to reproduce the problem.  What do you mean the multisport entries do not upload?  What happens when you do this:

1. upload all workouts to RA

2. create a multisport entry

3. upload the latest workouts to RA

Step 3 should upload the newly created multisport entry.  When you click the upload button, does the plugin indicate that it is uploading any workouts or does it say there are no new workouts?

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hi Eric, When I have my Garmin set to Multi sport mode, I hit start, swim, hit the lap button,  t1, hit lap, bike, hit lap, t2, lap, run, stop.  When I transfer the workouts to TC or Sports Tracks the workouts (swim, bike, run) are detected.  When I transfer to the RA sever, nothing happens, no workouts are found/detected.

However, if I then go for a run, that workout is detected but not the others.

I also noticed something odd yesterday, I rode my bike 16 miles, had breakfast, and rest the Garmin.  I then rode back.  When I transferred to RA servers only one workout was detected (I can't remember which, but I think it was the first one).  TC and Sports detected both workouts.

I am using the new 310XT. if that makes any difference, (it doesn't to TC or Sports Tracks)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.

Tri-Kev,

TC and Sportrack are different from RA in that they have direct access to your Forerunner.  If I was to write my own application that runs on your computer, it too will work properly.  Due to internet security restrictions, mostly for your safety, websites cannot access your computer directly.  To access your data, I have to go through the Garmin Communicator, which you have explicitly granted permission to run on your computer.

I need to narrow down the possible causes, and I need you to be very explicit about this.  When you said only one workout is detected, how did you come to this fact?  Did the upload page itself say it was uploading only one workout, or did you only see one workout on the page that lets you choose which workouts to add to your log?

I'm asking this so I can figure out if it's the communicator that's not detecting the new workouts, or is it the server that didn't process some of them.  Regardless, I'll be redoing the Garmin data parsing code for the next release, which may fix some of these nagging problems.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hi Eric,

I total understand about the RA server and security restrictions.

When I say that no workouts are detected, I mean when I click on the upload button, I see the percentages change  and then the status bar says, "There are no new data".

I just did a Triathlon this morning and should have three workouts on my watch, but nothing is detected, (i.e. I got the "There are no new data" status.

It works just fine if I go on a single run or bike and only have one activity to upload.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                Ride 112 miles.
                Run 26.2 miles.

That sounds like the Garmin Communicator is having problems.  I'll try to replicate the problem here, although I think it may be a problem between the plugin and 310XT.
                  ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Garmin Connect, which uses the Garmin Communicator plug-in works fine.  There is a new version of Garmin Connect that I had to install so that may be an issue with RA?

Swim 2.4 miles.
                    Ride 112 miles.
                    Run 26.2 miles.

GC cannot be used as the "gold" standard because it probably uses a different set of function calls than RA.  As demonstrated by 2.7.1 plugin, Garmin can break certain API calls without affecting GC.  Maybe 2.7.3 is also broken.  I won't know until I create my own multisport entry.
                      ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Never thought it was a gold standard, just that the 310xt (uploads  and software updates anyway) don't seem to work with out using the latest version.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                        Ride 112 miles.
                        Run 26.2 miles.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

BTW, Just to be clear I don't think this is a RA issue perse and what ever the issue is it is not just with a mulit sport entry,  I am having difficulty if I just have two entries to upload.  Only the first is shown, not the second.

this is hard to explaing but then if I use the watche again (like the next day)  the second workout from the first day is available but not the most recetn one.

I might just revert to uploading files that are exported from TC, but then again I don't use BTC for anything but programming the watch.  I don't really relish the thought of having to exprot wokouts three different times (Sport tracks, GTC and RA)

Oh well, the price of being on the bleeding edge  of Garmin Technology

Swim 2.4 miles.
                          Ride 112 miles.
                          Run 26.2 miles.

I have a 301 and when my wife uses it, I set it on other for her to use the HRM and HR zones that correspond to her needs. I just started useing RA and am very happy with it, but yesterday when my wife got back from her run I tried to upload her workout to RA and it said there was no data to load.

I opened up my Sport Tracks program to see if I had a problem with my garmin and was successful at uploading her workout on that program.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Grr!  I tested the "Other" workout type and it worked correctly for me.  I even did the auto multisport function as well.  The not detecting any new workouts occurs on your computer.  I'm not sure what I can do about it.  To be safe, can you drop me a note via the feedback link so I can obtain a copy of your TCX file.  Maybe there is some difference there.

In the next release, I will redo the data parsing code.  That should fix many of the problems, although I don't know if it will fix this as well.

I toggle off the "impost new workouts only" option in the import routine and all of the workouts on my garmin became avalialbe. I then just saved the newest workouts to my log. Not a big deal to do it this way.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life