Reducing inflammation quickly (Read 2027 times)

keeponrunning

What's up  with Predisone? Seems to be the "cure" for many things. I''ve had it prescribed in the past for strange allergic reactions that resulted in rashes all over. It works for inflammation too?

That's what I was just thinking...I just had a friend start it yesterday for terminal stomach cancer!!   

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

xor

Well, when you go on long-term prednisone for cancer (or certain side-effects and bonus add ons, like infections), you get to learn about a whole lotta side effects that the "I took a dose pack" folks don't need to worry about.

Prednisone puffed me up like the stay puft marshmallow man.

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/GuidetoCancerDrugs/prednisone

325th place or bust!

I usually skip the useful info that may help me become a better runner, and gravitate towards the nonsense threads.

There is useful info here?  Who knew?

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That's what I was just thinking...I just had a friend start it yesterday for terminal stomach cancer!!   

Well, it won't cure the cancer, but it will lessen the inflammation around the cancer and some of the inflammation caused by any treatments.

I just became aware of nerve/neural flossing.  I have to give it a try.

I usually have my speakers OFF,a nd I'll even watch videos with the sound off if I can get away with it.  (My home office is right next to my little kid's bedroom, and he used to be a super-light sleeper.)

Anyway, the first minute or so of that video is funny to watch without sound, as the guy keeps pointing theatrically at his ass, then making a fist, then pointing emphatically at his ass.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

then making a fist, then pointing emphatically at his ass.

I've done this a few times over the last year and a half.

Not at it at all. 

I've done this a few times over the last year and a half.

+1

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Um.  Allergic reactions ARE inflammation.

MTA: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/80604990b2a7476c99701dddbbdb3d4e

Learn something new every day... well, most days I do, or try to.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

There are a number of reasons this may be.  Though typically used in prostate cancer to help with bone pain, I'd guess for someone with advanced stomach cancer it may be used to help increase their appetite and make sure they are taking in adequate nutrition.  depending upon what chemo agent(s) they are on, it could also be to prevent anaphalaxis to the chemo itself, or reduce nausea/vomiting.

In the short term I found it to do a wonderful job of bringing one out of over-training and making one do prizefighter workouts.  At least, until you turn into the StayPuffed Marshmallow Man and grow a hump on your back.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills