SMOOTH TREADMILLS? (Read 660 times)

grace23

I am looking at the smooth fitness 9.45 st. I just hate that I can't see it before I order. Has anyone used one or have any information good or bad?!
      The treadmill Dr. has it reviewed as the 2nd best in the $2000-2500 category. http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Smooth-9-45-ST-Treadmill-Review-09 Looks like an awesome treadmill. Be sure to update when it gets here.

A Saucy Wench

I am looking at the smooth fitness 9.45 st. I just hate that I can't see it before I order. Has anyone used one or have any information good or bad?!
        I just got the 7.5 installed about 30 minutes ago. In 2 weeks when I get to start using it I'll let you know what I think.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

12-week layoff

I prefer my treadmills chunky.
          sport jester

Biomimeticist

Having sold treadmills for years, I would suggest to go beyond buying online. The most important question you face is who's going to handle the warranty? And how long is it? What's the balance between parts and labor coverage. At that price, check if the warranty is for multiple users. If more than one are going to use it, check to see if its a light commercial warranty backup. Some warranties are for one person only. At that price, that would be an issue for me. Excellent treadmills can be found at cheaper prices. I would find out who repairs them locally if they're close by for you. And if the warranty covers their coming to your home rather than taking it in. If you can't fit the machine in your car, then take that under consideration. Features which define a good treadmill. Peak Speed; 12MPH is standard. 10MPH is pretty slow. Incline is good, weaker treadmills are usually less than 15% incline Most important is how slow the treadmill is. The slower your start speed, the stronger the torque load the motor can handle. Industry standard is .5MPH, if its faster than that, the motor is a little weak. A good treadmill has a .1MPH start speed. Since it doesn't fold, is it a steel frame, or aluminum. Makes a difference in how easy they are to move or lift to clean and wipe sweat from around it.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

My future track stars

Having sold treadmills for years, I would suggest to go beyond buying online. The most important question you face is who's going to handle the warranty? And how long is it? What's the balance between parts and labor coverage. At that price, check if the warranty is for multiple users. If more than one are going to use it, check to see if its a light commercial warranty backup. Some warranties are for one person only. At that price, that would be an issue for me. Excellent treadmills can be found at cheaper prices. I would find out who repairs them locally if they're close by for you. And if the warranty covers their coming to your home rather than taking it in. If you can't fit the machine in your car, then take that under consideration. Features which define a good treadmill. Peak Speed; 12MPH is standard. 10MPH is pretty slow. Incline is good, weaker treadmills are usually less than 15% incline Most important is how slow the treadmill is. The slower your start speed, the stronger the torque load the motor can handle. Industry standard is .5MPH, if its faster than that, the motor is a little weak. A good treadmill has a .1MPH start speed. Since it doesn't fold, is it a steel frame, or aluminum. Makes a difference in how easy they are to move or lift to clean and wipe sweat from around it.
              Excellent reply! I think for the price it's slow also.