Anyone in Southern California post here! (Read 585 times)

#artbydmcbride

I do run Signal Hill!  Smile   But usually only in the summer.  It is a dangerous place to run in the dark, and I have to be at work early.   There is a group that runs there early in the am, they meet at the Starbucks.

Runners run

GabrielleB

I was super careful not to trip on any pot holes. Wink

I hear AREC is running 12 on Saturday. What time do they start?

#artbydmcbride

Oops, I just saw this.  We always start at 7:00 am.  Smile

We are doing a virtual half marathon, or virtual 5k this Saturday.   (not "virtual' virtual, we are really running that distance and timing it and everything.)  You should come.  Smile

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

So are you going to tell me which trails in LCWP and CCSP I should run or are you going to show me in person?

Laguna Coast Wilderness Park (LCWP).

Directions to the park.
          Take 405 south to Laguna Canyon Road (also known as Route 133) and head south (go right). Continue southward for a few miles, passing under the 73 overpass. You will then see El Toro Road connecting on your left. Stay straight on 133. Shortly after this look to make a right hand turn into the park. Dirt/gravel parking lot. $5 charge to park. There are porta-potties in the lot. Note that the park opens at 8am. Most of the time they open the gate a good 30 mins prior but be patient if the ranger holds out.

Runners run

Ultra Cowboy

Ilene, I'm not gonna make it....

I had to cancel when the damn hotwater heater started leaking all over.

I'm pretty bummed.

WYBMADIITY

Save

#artbydmcbride

So sorry Rcky!  Take care of the homestead!

when you do make it down, the trails will be waiting.  Smile

Runners run

mucknort

Bored while I'm recovering from surgery, so thought I'd semi check-in.

Born in Santa Barbara, lived in Solvang, Anaheim and Brea. Now in New England, but come back to visit family every summer and Xmas. Have been trying to hit Operation Jack 1/2 marathon in Manhattan Beach day after Xmas, and do training runs on the "Fullerton Loop" in the hills of Fullerton, near Foothill Ranch/Whiting Ranch in Santa Ana Hills, and Newport Back Bay.

GabrielleB

Oops, I just saw this.  We always start at 7:00 am.  Smile

We are doing a virtual half marathon, or virtual 5k this Saturday.   (not "virtual' virtual, we are really running that distance and timing it and everything.)  You should come.  Smile

I will join the AREC Buster run at 7 instead for 8. Ended up running 12 this morning. Better not push it a week before Surf City Half!  Will I see you there or are you doing the trails? I'd love to do those soon!

GabrielleB

Ilene, how did you do on the half?!

I ended up running 10.75.

#artbydmcbride

I saw you still running past the turn around for 8 miles!   Big grin   You are going to rock Surf City.

Eh, the half was okay.  My buddy John beat me, so it wasn't perfect.   Cool

Runners run

the kenyan

I sometimes find myself there when I'm flying south for the winter!

quack quack

#artbydmcbride

Its Winter now, the kenyan!   I would love to see you!  Big grin

Runners run