Reports: Problem and Question (Read 474 times)

Dunottar

When I do a 'New Search' for all daily runs in, for example, Sept. '08, the columns for "Activity", Course", and "Type" are completely blank in the resulting report. "Date", "Distance", "Duration", "Pace", and "Temp." are filled just fine. (The parameters I set are "Custom Date Range": 9-1-2008 -> 9-30-2008, "By Day", and "Activity": Run). Is this: A. Normal B. A bug C. An issue with my browser D. My own techno-idiocy (Am I missing something?) E. Other I find it a bit unusual given that all that information shows up when you click on "Workouts". Question: In a 'By Week' or 'By Month' report, is the temerature associated with a given week or month taken from National Weather Service historical data for that week/month and my location or is it an average of the temps. I've recorded for individual runs? Not a big deal,..just curious......well, okay, I can get a bit anal about such things.Shocked
    eric :)

This is by design. When you group your results by day, week, month and year, many of these fields don't make sense. For example, let's say you ran twice in one day. When you list your data by day, these two workouts will be grouped together. Since you can only display one course, which one would you display? Numeric fields can be displayed because they can be summed or averaged. The temperature is the average of what you entered. Everything is displayed when you click on the Workouts tab because the workouts are displayed individually. They are not grouped. If you do not selecting a grouping in the search form, you'll be able to see individual entries too.
      Dunottar

Thanks, Eric. Choosing "None" in the Grouping field gave me exactly what I was looking for. (My techno-idiocy suggested that choosing "None" would give me...well, nothing...no results.Blush) Makes perfect sense about the multiple and varying workouts/runs in a day. I have to admit to some tunnelvision here; being an old fart, I've never run a double in my life. Thanks for your patience...and the new log!